cycle year on DAT application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predental1187

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I set my DAT date about 6 months ago, so I can't remember exactly what the questions on the application were, but I saw a few posts saying that one of them was which cycle you are applying for?

I would have put down 2010 at the time because I had originally planned to apply this year. However, since then, I have decided that I am going to wait until next year/the 2011 cycle to apply. I am still taking the DAT in about a month though, so does anyone know if there is a way to change this, so the schools who are getting my scores don't see think that I was applying this year?

I don't want them to think that I decided to withdraw my application or something, when really I just decided to wait to apply.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The question u are referring i believe... is mostly a survey question.. which plays no part in your app. The schools won't see it. U can't go back to change it.

I set my DAT date about 6 months ago, so I can't remember exactly what the questions on the application were, but I saw a few posts saying that one of them was which cycle you are applying for?

I would have put down 2010 at the time because I had originally planned to apply this year. However, since then, I have decided that I am going to wait until next year/the 2011 cycle to apply. I am still taking the DAT in about a month though, so does anyone know if there is a way to change this, so the schools who are getting my scores don't see think that I was applying this year?

I don't want them to think that I decided to withdraw my application or something, when really I just decided to wait to apply.

Thanks!
Well, your only option, I believe, is to withdraw your application, and I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with that.

Thanks for the advice!

nze - I don't need to withdraw my dental school app since I never actually applied in the first place (decided not to a while back). I am just taking my DAT now (a year early) and was talking about the question about cycle year they ask you when signing up for the DAT.

Thanks for the advice!

nze - I don't need to withdraw my dental school app since I never actually applied in the first place (decided not to a while back). I am just taking my DAT now (a year early) and was talking about the question about cycle year they ask you when signing up for the DAT.
well if you haven't applied (submitted) your app, then schools will never receive any of the info you made available to AADSAS, so you shouldn't worry about it!