cycler's prostitis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marcus_aurelius

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious if this is a common condition seen?

are there any bike seats that prevent against this that have been invented?.....if not, it would be a good idea.

(hmm, i wonder, is the pain biker's get in the perineum while cycling for a long time a result of your prostate screaming for mercy :laugh: )

Members don't see this ad.

Perineal nodular indurations ("accessory testicles") in cyclists. Fine needle aspiration cytologic and pathologic findings in two cases.

Vuong PN, Camuzard P, Schoonaert MF.

Laboratory of Pathology and Cytology, Bievres, France.

The cytologic and histologic findings from two cases of perineal nodular indurations observed in two cyclists are reported. These lesions, also referred to as "accessory testicles" or "third testicle" or "ischial hygromas" of cyclists, consist of a localized aseptic area of necrosis with pseudocyst formation involving connective tissue in the superficial fascia of the perineum. These histologic findings, which were seen in the subsequent surgical specimens in these two cases, were reflected in the fine needle aspiration findings. The aspirates contained few cellular elements, mainly a few vacuolated histiocytes, against a background of fibrinous material. These indurations, which develop as a result of repeated, chronic microtrauma to the perineum impressed by the vibration of the saddle of the bicycle, constitute an authentic handicap for the professional cyclist and are a contraindication to cycling for amateur cyclists.
:laugh: :laugh:

Anyway if my seat was the problem then either I'm too fat or it's not adjusted correctly. When properly conditioned (knowing how to ride 'on' a saddle and not 'in' a seat) the problem with numb nuts or squashed pee pee is minimized. It takes a while before one is sensitive enough to their optimal position so that the correct seated position is on their ischium not on the perineal area and one is able to frequently stand up up get circulation without being too tired to stand on the pedals.

After cycling for the last 24 years in varied capacitites I can say I haven't run across this problem that often even with hard core cyclists riding 10-15k miles a year. Mostly saddle sores, UTI (gotta pee-even if it hurts) and numb penis (or so I'm told...I take their word on it... :eek: :laugh: :laugh: ).

Besides if 50% of men get prostatitis sooner or later then who cares...at least you'll be healty from cycling and be able to deal with it better. :thumbup:

Anyway to answer your question...yes, almost all quality saddles are attempting to address this problem with some form of the "Minkow Wedge" design. Primarily, Specialized Bicycles Body Geometry idea and all the italian saddle mfgs. all use wedges, cutouts or plyable material to relieve pressure. Other seats with suspended mesh, butt bars and spenco type gel are used.

Bottom line is they all help but to reduce the problem..gotta get on the bike and ride. Ride til your buns don't hurt anymore and you have the strength and endurance to not have to slumber and put all your weight on the nose of the saddle...key is learning to ride correctly to minimize problems.

or...ride a recumbent...nerdy... :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
chirodoc said:
Anyway to answer your question...yes, almost all quality saddles are attempting to address this problem with some form of the "Minkow Wedge" design. Primarily, Specialized Bicycles Body Geometry idea and all the italian saddle mfgs. all use wedges, cutouts or plyable material to relieve pressure. Other seats with suspended mesh, butt bars and spenco type gel are used.

Bottom line is they all help but to reduce the problem..gotta get on the bike and ride. Ride til your buns don't hurt anymore and you have the strength and endurance to not have to slumber and put all your weight on the nose of the saddle...key is learning to ride correctly to minimize problems.

or...ride a recumbent...nerdy... :laugh:

squashed pee pee...haha :laugh: :laugh:

i think my testicles might be too big...i'm too much man for the bike. :laugh:

numb penis...haha...people come in with that :laugh: :laugh: ...in that case, i think the best option might be an amputation :laugh:

u ride a recumbent, i'm gonna stick to my car....although a third testicle might be another option

hi i dont really know that many scientific wordsa as you but i am a little bit worried.

Yesterday i was cycling home and (i am a male) and i felt a bit of a squasghing feeling i attemopted to adjust my boxers while cycling and kept on going than stopped and a pain radiated down my leg (i wasnt sitting down for most of the time i usually cycle standing on the pedals, but i do sit down a bit) i got home all right, i was actually amazed at the speed i got home in but now the pain is staying around the area betwean my legs and sorta bottom of butt hip area

I am 17 male i can walk but it hurts when i walk and after taking ibuprofen it calmed down.

Please can anyone tell me what this is (roughly as i understand you cant inspect me) because i am quite worried.

Thank you all