Cyclic Ring reactions on DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bluesdeluxe

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does the DAT have those reactions where you have two cyclic structures and they combine to form an exo/internal 3 ring system? I hate not remembering the name of this type of reaction but I don't recall it in the Kaplan book but I remember doing a lot of them in organic chem. Anyone know the name and if I should remember them?
 
bluesdeluxe said:
Does the DAT have those reactions where you have two cyclic structures and they combine to form an exo/internal 3 ring system? I hate not remembering the name of this type of reaction but I don't recall it in the Kaplan book but I remember doing a lot of them in organic chem. Anyone know the name and if I should remember them?

You mean a Diels-Alder reaction? I've seen a couple of them on practice tests...Don't know about the real thing though....
 
DMD to Be said:
You mean a Diels-Alder reaction? I've seen a couple of them on practice tests...Don't know about the real thing though....

You should know the Diels-Alder reactions for the real test.