CYP450 Mnemonic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blebb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a mnemonic for the inducers/inhibitors? Can't seem to remember them. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The one I use is in the pharm chapter of FA, at the end. I have 2010 edition and it's pg. 241, not sure about the newest edition.

Oh, I forgot to mention that there are 2 additions that I have made from UWorld. The inhibitors - I have "C" meaning both cimetidine and cipro, then you need to add ritonavir (and other protease inhibitors) to inhibitors as well. Unfortunately the second one doesn't lend itself well to fitting into the pneumonic. Maybe you can find a way to squeeze it in.

Anybody have a mnemonic for the inducers/inhibitors? Can't seem to remember them. Thanks.

haha umm this is what i use... its not great but at least im getting the inducer/inhibitor questions right now :p

inducers: PG CPR
PG as in the movie rating... quick INDUCE that kids (PG) heart with CPR! -_-

Phenobarb
Griseofulvin

Carbamazepine
Phenytoin
Rifampin

inhibitors: CRAzIE fruit
Cipro, Cimetidine
Ritonavir
AZole
INH
Erythromycin

Grapefruit

-_- i know :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Inducers: BCG PQRS
Barbs | Carbamez | Griseo | Phenytoin | Quinidine | Rifampin | St. Johns Wort

Inhibitors: PICK EGS
PI | INH | Cimet | Ketoconazole | Erythromycin | Grapefruit juice | Sulfonamides

haha umm this is what i use... its not great but at least im getting the inducer/inhibitor questions right now :p

Phenobarb
Griseofulvin

Carbamazepine
Phenytoin
Rifampin

Cipro, Cimetidine
Ritonavir
AZole
INH
Erythromycin

Grapefruit

Ha, I actually think this is solid...add an "S" to make "CRAzIE fruitS" and you've got sulfas covered too.

Phenobarb
Griseofulvin

Carbamazepine
Phenytoin
Rifampin

Cipro, Cimetidine
Ritonavir
AZole
INH
Erythromycin

Grapefruit

haha I kind of like these. Shorter and easier to remember than the ones in first aid... Thanks!