Cytotec Inductions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fval28

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these? specifically the epidural request (demand) rate and more importantly, safety. The only info I could find was pretty damning against using it for elective inductions. Our OB's are making some noise about using it so they can "schedule" labor ad have their women deliver during business hours.

Members don't see this ad.

fval28 said:
Anyone have any experience with these? specifically the epidural request (demand) rate and more importantly, safety. The only info I could find was pretty damning against using it for elective inductions. Our OB's are making some noise about using it so they can "schedule" labor ad have their women deliver during business hours.

that's what they all do in private practice.

militarymd said:
that's what they all do in private practice.
Any problems you've noticed compared to cervedil/ pitocin inductions? My understanding is that the stat c sxn rate is higher with cytotec

fval28 said:
Any problems you've noticed compared to cervedil/ pitocin inductions? My understanding is that the stat c sxn rate is higher with cytotec

no