D in a non pre-req

Started by 08hopeful
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

08hopeful

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a D in non pre-req upper level biology course (Animal Behavior, sounded fairly easy but I just never clicked with the profs style), the vast majority of my pre-reqs are B to B+'s with one C+ and a C in genetics. I've got a good amount of optometric experience so I think I'd be fine without that damn D. I can't retake the course this semester and I want to apply right away in the fall. How much do you guys think that D will hurt my application? Thanks in advance for any replies.