D in Calculus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted407021

Hey,

I am pretty sure I will receive a D in calculus I this semester. It would drop my GPA to around a 3.4 (I will have >60 hours after this semester). I can handle algebra very well and I am looking forward to algebra based physics, so I am relatively capable when it comes to math. However, will this one D (the rest of my grades are A>B>C(only one)) hurt me too bad? What do y'all think?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Keep working hard and do well in the rest of your classes. Retake if you want/think you can get an A. Bring your gpa up to 3.5-3.6 and rock your MCATs and MD will be a good chance.

One class can not keep you out of med school if you want it bad enough.

I got a D in calculus and still received 3 MD interview invites (out of 6 or 7 MD applications) and 1 acceptance despite a super-late application (submitted primary in October).

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an F in Calc I and I'm applying this cycle. Granted I did retake it and got an A. We'll see how this cycle turns out for me. One bad grade won't kill you, just keep working hard to get that GPA as high as you can.