D.O. in Cardiology, is it more difficult?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstud2ndyr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

i think that's a program dependent question.
sorry for the vagueness.

i feel most programs have a limit on how many DO's will take their spots. its reflective of their program of course, so they're worried about their rep.

Unfortunately, you will be working uphill somewhat. BUT if you match into a nice IM program, slam some killer research, and get GREAT letters from well known faculty - you will do great.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you would be no different as a DO applicant if you are coming from a solid allopathic medicine residency. I suppose there may be areas like the East Coast where there may be a bias against DOs.

I think you would be no different as a DO applicant if you are coming from a solid allopathic medicine residency. I suppose there may be areas like the East Coast where there may be a bias against DOs.

LOL! I think there's less bias in the east coast. There's like a doc on everyblock here in LI and so many of them are DOs. No one cares. Programs on the other hand? Who knows.....