D.O. LOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kuba

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I may have already asked this, but 1. I can't remember the answer as it was less urgent back then and 2. I can't find the thread..... soo I apologize if this is repetitive.

All my letters of rec aside from my D.O. LOR are in my premed committee's office. My D.O. letter is coming at the end of the month.
Should I:

-wait for the D.O. letter and have my premed advisor send everything in 1 letter.

-send LORs now and have the DO send the letter to premed office and they can send it out form there

-send LORs now and have DO send all letters to the 8 DO schools i am applying to(I would provide envelopes)

?

Members don't see this ad.

DRKUBA said:
:sleep: Anybody on here today? lol

OK, I am in no way in a position of inside knowledge of this, however I think it's probably a bad idea to have the DO send out multiple letters. You know him/her better than me, obviously, but they're usually pretty busy. I'd go with option #2 and have the pre-med advisor fwd the letter to all schools and send the other LORs now...just my .02

Members don't see this ad :)
DRKUBA said:
I may have already asked this, but 1. I can't remember the answer as it was less urgent back then and 2. I can't find the thread..... soo I apologize if this is repetitive.

All my letters of rec aside from my D.O. LOR are in my premed committee's office. My D.O. letter is coming at the end of the month.
Should I:

-wait for the D.O. letter and have my premed advisor send everything in 1 letter.

-send LORs now and have the DO send the letter to premed office and they can send it out form there

-send LORs now and have DO send all letters to the 8 DO schools i am applying to(I would provide envelopes)

?

i'm having everything sent in one package through my premed office. i feel like there's less chance of stuff getting lost that way. also, by the end of the month isn't that bad since we haven't received secondaries yet...

im with bigfatk,
its annoying to put ur pre-med ppl through double mailings. but then again i have no choice hehe. they mail everything together :) i guess its better that way anyways.

DRKUBA said:

Should I:

?
I would go with option #2. I don't think it would be as much as a hassle for the premed office to send out your D.O. LOR. That's what they are there for right? However, it would be more of a hassle for the D.O. to send out all those LORs. Just my opinion. :thumbup: