D.O. Ortho Candidates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brett Hart

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all D.O. ortho candidates...this link is for you! Feedback from the interview process, who is going where, catch up with people you interviewed with....you get the idea.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know who the four were who were most likely headed to Ingham?

Anyone heard back from Riverside?

Members don't see this ad :)
What was the interview at Grandview like? Did you really have to take a written test?

Glad you created this. I hope that everyone has a fruitful match season. I found this whole process much harder than I expected it to be. I was fortunate to have strong grades and board scores and did not get nearly as many interviews as I thought I might. In fact, the only interviews I had were at places that I rotated.

I guess that makes sense because I would probably do the same in their shoes. I would be much more inclined to take a person who had good scores, had proven he/she could do the job, and was someone I could get along with over another who had great scores but didn't know from Adam.

Is anyone else getting the same vibe from programs? At any rate, I am out anyway because I got selected in the Navy match for ortho this December. I hope to hear good news from everyone else!

By the way, at Kansas City you have to take a written test also. It was pretty simple overall with a few curveballs thrown in to make things interesting.

Most common x-rays read at Ortho Interviews?

Ankle Fracture- expected to know Lauge-Hansen, and Weber Classification
Hip Fracture-Expected to know Garden Classification

Other's?

Is anyone else getting the same vibe from programs? At any rate, I am out anyway because I got selected in the Navy match for ortho this December. I hope to hear good news from everyone else!

I interviewed at a few places where I did not rotate at and it depends on the program. Some places flat out told me that I was not going to be ranked high because I did not rotate with them, which makes me wonder why I was even invited for an interview? Maybe that was just their way of being nice and breaking things gently to me...

Other programs, like Tulsa, for example have about 50% of their residents who did not rotate with them. They tell you this on your interview...

Actually...funny story from my interview at Tulsa. A very formal interview panel with the attending portion of the interview...so of course my dumb ass when asked if I had any children said "None that I know about." To which the PD removed his reading glasses, and said "Did you just say none that you know about?" I said "Yes". He said "hmmm", and that was pretty much the end of the interview.