D.O./Phd or MD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoyomama88

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm considering a career in academic medicine as a psychiatrist or neurologist. If you had the chance to pursue a D.O./Phd or an M.D., which would you choose and why? I love the idea of getting a Phd, but I realize you can do research without it. What are the things I need to be thinking about it in my decision? How will my residency choices be affected as a DO?
 
I'm considering a career in academic medicine as a psychiatrist or neurologist. If you had the chance to pursue a D.O./Phd or an M.D., which would you choose and why? I love the idea of getting a Phd, but I realize you can do research without it. What are the things I need to be thinking about it in my decision? How will my residency choices be affected as a DO?


Rather than double posting a topic, I think you should stick with the original thread you posted in the physician scientist forum: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=627241. You already got a lot of good replies and they will be better able to answer your question.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.