D.O. Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilsimi2009

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have admission into MSUCOM and I was wondering how residency matchup works. Can one from MSUCOM move to a different state for residency with a D.O.? Is it the same as M.D.?

Members don't see this ad.

lilsimi2009 said:
I have admission into MSUCOM and I was wondering how residency matchup works. Can one from MSUCOM move to a different state for residency with a D.O.? Is it the same as M.D.?

Ummm I am a little unclear on your post but if your applying for a DO residency then you apply through the service (I believe they are both in ERAS now) and go interview wherever offers you an interview...then rank them.

Its run just like the allopathic match and since MSU has both DO and MD programs I am sure your school will have a lot of info on them.

The quick answers is yea you can go state to state for residency with either physician degree.

The DO and MD matches are done separately, but basically work the same way. As a DO, you can apply to both systems and go anywhere in the country.