D.O. usmle ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KasaNOVA

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took step 1 usmle, did marginal at best, I want to take step 2 and kill it.. Can I only submit step 2... or both..

Or should I stick with my above average comlex score..

help please.....

Members don't see this ad.

KasaNOVA said:
So I took step 1 usmle, did marginal at best, I want to take step 2 and kill it.. Can I only submit step 2... or both..

Or should I stick with my above average comlex score..

help please.....

No I don't think you can just release the USMLE step 2 at least from ERAS. Just release the COMLEX scores. They can convert your above average comlex scores to the equivilent USMLE.

I am a D.O. student and I only took USMLE Step 2 (due to poor planning, I never took step 1). I waited until I got the results and then submitted them on ERAS. I actually did fairly well and many programs often commented on my scores. Not one place asked my why I didn't take step 1. My point is take the test, and if you do well submit your scores and just forget about your step 1 scores.

luna120 said:
I am a D.O. student and I only took USMLE Step 2 (due to poor planning, I never took step 1). I waited until I got the results and then submitted them on ERAS. I actually did fairly well and many programs often commented on my scores. Not one place asked my why I didn't take step 1. My point is take the test, and if you do well submit your scores and just forget about your step 1 scores.

due to personel reasons my comlexI score are bad but I didn't care then because I thought I would eventually take usmleI but I haven't got around to do it yet and I'm affraid I won't. so I was thinking to just take usmleII and comlexII, would that redeem my comlexI or i should try to take usmleI??
thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
luna120 said:

i didnt kno one can take usmle step 2 w/o passing the usmle step 1 :confused:

kpax18 said:
i didnt kno one can take usmle step 2 w/o passing the usmle step 1 :confused:

Yup, you just cannot take step 3 without passing steps 1 and 2 first.