D.P.T. programs - MGH, Duke, Northwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hankea4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm planning to apply for admission next fall, and right now I'm looking into the MGH, Duke, and Northwestern programs. Any information you could offer about any of these schools would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm starting at Northwestern in the fall, so I can't say too much about the program firsthand yet. At the open house I went to, I was really impressed with the facilities. Also, I got to sit in on a musculoskeletal class with 2nd year students, and really liked the way the class was set up. The teacher demonstrated a technique on a student, then all of the students got to practice that technique on each other. There were multiple teachers walking around the room in case you had a question or needed help with the concept/technique. The faculty was very welcoming and seem very knowledgeable. I got to talk with a few students, and they said that they all help each other out and that there is no competition. There is much camaraderie and the students are always hanging out together when not studying. Northwestern's program is very top-notch and I know I am going to get a very good education. Once school starts (August 31st) I'll be able to provide more information than just that. Anyways, good luck during your application process!

I'd look into less expensive programs and see if they are a good fit for you. The programs you're thinking about are all very expensive.