D.P.T. Weekend program at Mercy College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madusa

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been researching various D.P.T. programs in NY and wanted to know if anyone can provide more info on the Mercy College weekend D.P.T. program, aside from what is on their website? (i.e. admissions process, courseload, etc.)

Thanks,

Madusa

Members don't see this ad.

weekend DPT programs are usually for current PTs looking to acquire the DPT title. From your previous posts it looks like you are trying to get into either PT or OT school. I'm not sure the program you're looking at for Mercy would help you reach this goal.

best of luck

-J

I know this is from a few years ago...But can anyone give me some insight into the program over at Mercy? It is a weekend BS/DPT program for entry level people with no background in PT....And from what I see on the website its every other weekend that it meets....so I'm just wondering how does that work and if in fact its a good program. From the stats it seems that a fair amount of people pass the licensing exam so it can't be all that bad....but I'm guessing there's a lot of self teaching that goes in since they meet every other weekend...Just curious
thanks

Hey, I will give you some basics. It is a weekend program that meets every weekend. It is an entry-level DPT program. If you go to the Mercy DPT site you will find more information. Their pass rate is a little lower than some programs, but not horrible.