D1 at MOSDOH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MOSDOHFutureDMD

MOSDOH Class of 2018
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm a D1 (almost a D2) at MOSDOH. If anyone has any questions or concerns let me know. I know it's a scary transition and I had tons of questions when I was in your shoes last year. So let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Have they talked about the patient pool for years 3 and 4 yet? What is the set up for D1 and D2--sim labs or anything in Kirksville?

In St. Louis, we will be split up into 4 groups, and each group will have one staff member who is responsible for making sure we are fulfilling all the requirements we need. So we will not have to find our own patients or anything like that; they will find them for us. And with the location of the clinic, that won't be difficult at all.
For your D1 year, you'll be in the classroom basically until February, during that same time, the D2's are mostly in the sim lab, but also in lecture for some of time. Beginning in mid-February, the D1's begin working in the sim lab 2-3 days per week and then board prep and other classes the other 2-3 days.

Members don't see this ad :)
In St. Louis, we will be split up into 4 groups, and each group will have one staff member who is responsible for making sure we are fulfilling all the requirements we need. So we will not have to find our own patients or anything like that; they will find them for us. And with the location of the clinic, that won't be difficult at all.
For your D1 year, you'll be in the classroom basically until February, during that same time, the D2's are mostly in the sim lab, but also in lecture for some of time. Beginning in mid-February, the D1's begin working in the sim lab 2-3 days per week and then board prep and other classes the other 2-3 days.

Great, thanks!! I was assuming with the location of the St. Louis clinic that patients shouldn't be too much of an issue, but since the program is new, will they know about it? The St. Louis facility looks beautiful from the outside!

Great, thanks!! I was assuming with the location of the St. Louis clinic that patients shouldn't be too much of an issue, but since the program is new, will they know about it? The St. Louis facility looks beautiful from the outside!

There has been a lot of hype generated about our school across the state. And with the clinic's collaboration with Grace Hill (who run like all of the CHC's in MO) I think word is and will continue to spread very quickly

Do y'all take the boards after the first year like ASDOH does? And about how many patient do they expect y'all to see in D3 and then D4? I just got an interview to this school and will be coming the 19th of this month!

Hi! I am a D3 at MOSDOH and am currently treating patients at our student clinic. MOSDOH is partnered with Affinia (formerly Grace Hill) which is a CHC. It's Affinia's responsibility to recruit, schedule, and confirm patients for us. This takes a lot of stress off of us and allows us to spend more time worrying about what we should be worrying about- building strong clinical skills!! The clinic is just as beautiful on the inside! I believe we have a pre-dental day coming up at the end of April where we will be giving tours. Let me know if you have any questions!!