Dalhousie Interview, general advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teedoff00

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I am one of the lucky people who were offered an interview with Dalhousie while they are doing their campus recruiting here in Utah.

They will be at my University on Wednesday of this week with a presentation and "scheduled meetings" with applicants and prospective applicants. I scheduled one of these "meetings" with the adcom who also does the interviews this coming Sat.

So my question is: Should I still go to my scheduled Wednesday meeting, even though I now have an official interview scheduled for Sat with the same AdComm? Or should I cancel Wednesday and just go to my Sat. interview?

Thanks for any help/advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would definetely go. You will speak to them in more casual relax setting and since they see you twice, they will REMEMBER you which is very important.

I was thinking the same thing, but I was also thinking it would be awkward. Especially if we talked on Wednesday and then had nothing more to talk about on Sat. meaning awkward silences...:scared:

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad :)
So what do you guys think? Should I go, or should I just cancel the "meeting"? I was leaning toward canceling it, mostly because I don't want to seem like I am trying to take opportunities away from others when I already have an interview scheduled.

Thanks for any advice!

I also have an interview this Saturday. Anyone know what they look for or what they ask?

Thanks!

I seriously doubt you will run out of things to talk about! Nancy Webb and Dr. Banterman are both really really REALLY nice people and they are SO personable. Dalhousie was already one of my top schools, but when they came to the University of Utah, I fell in love with the school.

Take every opportunity to get to know these people!

P.S. Dr. Banterman likes to flyfish if by chance you do as well...

Anyone heard back from Dalhousie yet? I know they sometimes do early acceptances.

I don't know how international offers work, but I didn't think that any school that participated with aadsas was allowed to offer admission before december 1. my bet is we'll have to wait.