Dalhousie Pharmacy Sept 2015

Started by Hope2Be
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hope2Be

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Just creating the yearly thread for the applicants to the Dalhousie Pharmacy program in Halifax, Nova Scotia. If you are applying, what is your cGPA (4.3 scale) and have you applied before?
 
3.64 on the 4.0 scale...not sure what this converts to. Maritime resident and I applied last year, but my application was not complete so it did not go through.
 
Hi everyone,
my GPA is 3.66, and this is my first time applying. Does anybody know when they start contacting you to tell you if you got the interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied last year, I was contacted the last week of March, but know others who did not get the call until the first week of April.
 
Last edited:
This is my first time applying, my cGPA is a 3.86/4.3, and I'm a Maritime Resident.

Good luck to everyone, and here's to hoping we all get interviews at the very least!
 
Hi everyone,
This is my second time applying (unfortunately the first time I didn't get an interview). My cGPA is 3.71 and I am a Maritime resident. I'm a 4th year neuroscience student! Good luck to everyone and I hope to see you all on interview day!
 
Awesome guys! Glad to hear. Any idea when we should hear about interviews ?
In previous years they've gone out between the end of March and the first or second week of April. I have heard though that some people have gotten them as late as a few days before the interview
 
I just got a call from Margret and I got an interview! I assume they'll continue calling people for the next week or two. I hope everyone else hears from her soon!
 
Thanks for letting us know chief! I'm glad to hear you got an interview. I've been checking this thread daily for updates so its refreshing to hear some news! Hoping for a call myself within the next few weeks.
 
I've also just received a call from Margaret and confirmed my interview for Saturday April 25th! I hope the rest of you hear from her soon and I wish you all the best of luck!
 
Those who have received a call, has your status online changed? Does it say "accepted" rather than "decision made"?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those who have received a call, has your status online changed? Does it say "accepted" rather than "decision made"?
No my status hasn't changed. I believe that this status will only change once a person has been accepted into the pharmacy program itself. It is my understanding that once all of the interviews have been completed, the decision making process begins, and they will notify successful applicants in July/August.
 
I got a interview too. Nobody believed me because it's April 1st
 
Last edited:
Hope everyone's interviews went well. It will be middle of June roughly before we hear, but make sure to post here when you do get any notification!

Best of luck,
 
I also hope everyone's interview went well! I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys with regard to the results of your acceptance! I hope everyone has an enjoyable summer!
 
Have not heard anything yet. Looks like the first acceptance last year (out of the people using this forum) was June 16th. A few more weeks to go.
 
Does everyone's Dal online look like this? I haven't checked it in the past, but notice how it says current program = B. Science Pharmacy?

Am I getting my hopes up?
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 169
Mine says the same thing! I don't think that means anything though, mine was like that from the beginning.
 
Has anyone talked to dal pharmacy about when we can expect to hear anything? Hoping its soon!
Nope! Judging by last year's forum thread, earliest we should hear is by next week. I'm sure anyone using this thread will post when they hear 🙂.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am thinking this week or next at the latest.
I called around the first of June and Margaret told me mid June. I called again today and she said a few weeks. I'm so confused, I don't think my nerves will last a few more weeks!!
 
I need to make a decision fast regarding where I'll be living and this waiting is killing me lol. Contacted them but I got the same answer as well.
 
Called yesterday, was told some letters have went out but it will be a "couple of weeks" before they are all out. Has anyone heard anything ?
 
Hey guys, I got my letter of acceptance today. Because I know a few of you might ask, although I stated above, my cGPA is 3.64/4.00, I have a BSc in Biology from McGill, I am a maritime resident, and I thought the interview went decently. I will also let you know that I don't think I will be accepting. Good luck to all.
 
Congrats guys! Do you get a package or just a letter? When were they dated and where do you live?
 
Congrats guys! Do you get a package or just a letter? When were they dated and where do you live?
I'm from Halifax, and it's just a regular letter I believe (mine was sent to my parents house). Apparently they send you a more official type package when you accept. I have to accept by July 3rd.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was just a small envelope letter (says official acceptance letter comes after accepting offer). It was dated June 18th and I live near Halifax.
 
cumulative GPA :4.10/4.3 , just finished my fourth year in bachelor of science major in neuroscience at dal. Thought interview didnt go well but went decent.
 
Last edited:
I am from PEI and I just finished my third year of biology at UPEI. I didn't have amazing marks my first year, but this year my average was around a 92%, so I think my GPA for all three years is around a 3.9/4.3. My letter was dated June 18th. I thought my interview was okay. I didn't feel overly confident that it went well. Good luck to everyone! I look forward to hopefully meeting everyone!