-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Dalhousie University Pharmacy Program 09-10
Started by rosiepie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to dalhousie pharmacy as well. What are your stats like?
Good luck to you all!! I applied to Dal last year as an out-of-province applicant and got an interview...and didn't get in. Can't tell you what the stats are like for Dal, but I got into UBC, U of A and MUN if that tells you anything 😉
You all should be getting your invites soon!
You all should be getting your invites soon!
Hey UBCmicrobi! I got my call today... I'm really happy! Do you have any tips to prepare for the interview?
Congrats on your interview offer!! From what I remember, the interview was pretty standard (sorry, I'm not much help!)
Did you apply to other schools as well?
Hey I also got my call today. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Do you remember some of the questions they asked you? I heard that it is all situational questions, eg. "explain a time you resolved a conflict."
Yes, there were definitely situational questions.
I personally was able to answer most of the situational questions by drawing on my pharmacy tech experience. So definitely try to think about work experience (pharmacy or otherwise, or group projects in school)
I also applied to UBC and U of T... but I won't hear from them for a while (June-ish).
As for the interview... is it just like a job interview where they ask you about your strengths/weaknesses, how you resolved a situation, what you would do in another situation, and what qualities you think you have that fits with the position?
Thank you so much!
As for the interview... is it just like a job interview where they ask you about your strengths/weaknesses, how you resolved a situation, what you would do in another situation, and what qualities you think you have that fits with the position?
Thank you so much!
does anyone know how long they will be sending out invites..i haven't heard back yet..
what were your stats??
No I don't think anyone has an idea how long it takes for them to send out invites. I think they only contact people who they want to interview. Good luck!
As for stats... I think Dal only looks at grades because they don't require the PCAT. My GPA is 3.8.
ya i have a similar gpa to rosepie's. I applied to usask, u of a and dal. Anxious68, are you a maritime resident?
I really hope they give us some more information on how to prepare for the interview, the last thing I want to do is go there unprepared.
I really hope they give us some more information on how to prepare for the interview, the last thing I want to do is go there unprepared.
Hey Rosepie,
I also chose May 14th around noon time. When I emailed the faculty in December, they said that about 200 non maritime residents apply, 16-20 of them are offered an interview and a maximum of nine spots are given to these non maritime residents. So it really depends on how well the interview goes, which I am very nervous about..... Do you have a lot of similar interview experience? I have never done an interview like this before. I am from Winnipeg by the way.
I also chose May 14th around noon time. When I emailed the faculty in December, they said that about 200 non maritime residents apply, 16-20 of them are offered an interview and a maximum of nine spots are given to these non maritime residents. So it really depends on how well the interview goes, which I am very nervous about..... Do you have a lot of similar interview experience? I have never done an interview like this before. I am from Winnipeg by the way.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow they only pick 16-20 from 200 for out-of-province interviews? We're really lucky! But I guess half of the out-of-province interviewees will be disappointed. I hope both of us do well though!
I picked an early interview slot since I have to catch my flight back to Ontario in the afternoon. Anyway, no, I've done quite a few job interviews, but nothing for a professional school. I'm really nervous too. I hope we don't have to list any pharmacy experience because I have almost nothing (just job-shadowed a pharmacist once four years ago). If it's like a typical job interview, then we just have to be confident to talk about how great we are, lol.
I picked an early interview slot since I have to catch my flight back to Ontario in the afternoon. Anyway, no, I've done quite a few job interviews, but nothing for a professional school. I'm really nervous too. I hope we don't have to list any pharmacy experience because I have almost nothing (just job-shadowed a pharmacist once four years ago). If it's like a typical job interview, then we just have to be confident to talk about how great we are, lol.
Ya I have volunteer experience in a hospital setting, but it is not related to pharmacy. It is extremely hard to find volunteer positions related to pharmacy in my province. And to become a pharmacy tech here, you need to have an actual pharmacy tech degree from a community college.
I just heard yesterday re: an interview...and I'm pretty outside the usual applicants, I expect...so hopefully you'll hear soon!
Hey lemonroof, thanks for the reply...at least I know they're still inviting...

Hey lemonroof, thanks for the reply...at least I know they're still inviting...![]()
Ditto!! I'm very worried 🙂 What do you mean when you say you are 'outside the usual applicants'?
Also, I have had a pharmacy interview at Dal before -- and just so you know, they will mail you a sheet regarding what to expect 🙂
I would give the school a bit more time to contact you. I find they have been very slow at contacting people this year. A friend of mine got a call for an interview on April 8th, where as I got my phone call on April 15th. We both live in Halifax, so I don't think where you live determines what order you get a phone call. I don't think they call in alphabetical order either. So don't worry if you haven't heard yet, give the school a bit more time to contact you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I also applied to pharmacy at Dal and didn't get a phone call, yet. Do you think my chances are squashed? They told me around mid-April is when the phone calls would go out. For those of you who were invited for an interview, what was your gpa as of mid-year (January)? I believe this is what they use to invite applicants. My was an A and I don't think I'm getting a call this year; what about you people?
I also applied to pharmacy at Dal and didn't get a phone call, yet. Do you think my chances are squashed? They told me around mid-April is when the phone calls would go out. For those of you who were invited for an interview, what was your gpa as of mid-year (January)? I believe this is what they use to invite applicants. My was an A and I don't think I'm getting a call this year; what about you people?
I had emailed the admissions dpt. at the beginning of the week re: when to expect to hear about interview invites. They told me that they will be calling those with interviews this past week. Those who do not get interviews will receive a letter in the mail.
gzahalan - I think Dal looks at marks in prerequisite courses and the GPA of your last year of studies (i.e. if you are a first year student, they would be looking at grades from your last year of high school).
gzahalan - I think Dal looks at marks in prerequisite courses and the GPA of your last year of studies (i.e. if you are a first year student, they would be looking at grades from your last year of high school).
Hi DAL gal,
I know the prerequisite GPA and last year of studies are what Dal likes to look at. In other words, they look at this current year and the interim marks as of the end of first semester. My grades in both are high, which is why I'm a bit shocked I didn't get an interview. I guess being out-of-the-province really does suck. Regardless, I e-mailed admissions and I will have to wait until Monday to see what they say. Either way, it's going to suck to get that letter in the mail.
I know the prerequisite GPA and last year of studies are what Dal likes to look at. In other words, they look at this current year and the interim marks as of the end of first semester. My grades in both are high, which is why I'm a bit shocked I didn't get an interview. I guess being out-of-the-province really does suck. Regardless, I e-mailed admissions and I will have to wait until Monday to see what they say. Either way, it's going to suck to get that letter in the mail.
Hey guys!
I received an email from admissions stating that they cannot offer me an interview as of right now, but if my marks from this term are significantly better than my marks from last semester, then they may offer me an interview if I am a similar level as those currently offered interviews. The interview wouldn't be until later though. Just wondering if anyone who has been offered an interview would mind sharing their GPA so that I might know what my chances are 🙂 I am a co-op student and was on a work term last semester, and as such, do not have marks other than my work term grade for fall semester, so I'm hoping this is a good sign! 🙂
I received an email from admissions stating that they cannot offer me an interview as of right now, but if my marks from this term are significantly better than my marks from last semester, then they may offer me an interview if I am a similar level as those currently offered interviews. The interview wouldn't be until later though. Just wondering if anyone who has been offered an interview would mind sharing their GPA so that I might know what my chances are 🙂 I am a co-op student and was on a work term last semester, and as such, do not have marks other than my work term grade for fall semester, so I'm hoping this is a good sign! 🙂
Hey guys!
Just wanted to let you know that I heard from the admissions dpt. Friday (when I called to find out I'm being offered an interview! EEEE! So excited!! 😀) that they were going to mail out the info packets that day. So they should be to you soon, I guess! 🙂
Just wanted to let you know that I heard from the admissions dpt. Friday (when I called to find out I'm being offered an interview! EEEE! So excited!! 😀) that they were going to mail out the info packets that day. So they should be to you soon, I guess! 🙂
Sorry to say I can't be of much help -- I don't remember too much. I was so nervous I flubbed up the entire interview! I was told, however, that it is different than it was when I had the interview -- they have added a listening comprehension component. It lasts 2-3 hours. I was very underdressed when I went -- I wore a pink skirt and felt like an idiot, haha. From what I do remember, most of the questions asked were your typical interview-style questions. You are allowed to think about your answer for a brief period before answering, and you may ask them to reword the question if you do not understand what they are asking you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I answered the first opinion question well. The second opinion question I told my interviewers that I thought my example for the first opinion questions could be used, I still gave a new answer though. I think I was in there for 30 minutes maybe? I think 20-30 minutes is standard.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
