Dalhousie University Pharmacy Program 09-10

Started by rosiepie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I was just wondering again if people had figured out what they were doing for housing in the fall. I think I am going to sign a lease on a 2 bedroom apartment close to the Pharmacy building, but was hoping to find a roommate and just wondering if anyone was interested in inquiring further...
 
Hi,

I was just wondering again if people had figured out what they were doing for housing in the fall. I think I am going to sign a lease on a 2 bedroom apartment close to the Pharmacy building, but was hoping to find a roommate and just wondering if anyone was interested in inquiring further...


Hi there! Have you been accepted as an out of province applicant?
 
Yes I was accepted as an out-of-province applicant. I'm from Alberta. What about yourself?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes I was accepted as an out-of-province applicant. I'm from Alberta. What about yourself?

I am also an out of province applicant.. I am from Manitoba. I still have not received a letter so I don't really know what to think! I've been trying to figure out the numbers and it doesn't look to good for me but I hope I'm wrong! If I do get accepted I will also be looking for a place to live in a hurry!
 
I am also an out of province applicant.. I am from Manitoba. I still have not received a letter so I don't really know what to think! I've been trying to figure out the numbers and it doesn't look to good for me but I hope I'm wrong! If I do get accepted I will also be looking for a place to live in a hurry!

I'm from Winnipeg and also haven't heard from Dalhousie. Did you not get an offer from the U of M?
 
Hey guys!

I live in Halifax & go to Dal (but wasn't accepted to Pharm this year!)..but just wanted to say if anyone has any questions about apartment buildings, street locations or distance from campus, proximity to grocery stores, or anything, please don't hesitate to pm and ask me! I would love to help, especially since it is so rushed & last minute for some of you! 🙂
 
I FINALLY got my rejection letter from Dalhousie. Thank goodness I got in at the U of M anyways.
Congrats to those entering their first year of Pharmacy and the best of luck in the next year for those who didn't. Remember, anybody can give up, so hang in there.
 
I FINALLY got my rejection letter from Dalhousie. Thank goodness I got in at the U of M anyways.
Congrats to those entering their first year of Pharmacy and the best of luck in the next year for those who didn't. Remember, anybody can give up, so hang in there.

I am glad that I applied to other schools because U of M did not accept me.
 
Hey everyone!

I aslo received a rejection letter from Da l🙁 Its so disappointing when you travel so far just for an interview! Anyway, I called to find out what went wrong and they told me that I didn't explain my situations in enough detail. I also applied to UofM but my AGPA was too low.. I only had a 3.75 and the cut off this year was 3.83. It's just so devistating b/c its what I want to do with my life and it's just not working out! I did get into nursing this year tho at the UofM so I will pursue that and re-apply next year for pharm! I just don't know if I should bother with Dal again just b/c the expense for an interview is so extreme.

Congrats to all those who made it through!
 
For those of us who were forced to wait a disgustingly long time to hear back from Dal pharmacy, did anyone end up getting in?
 
ron18 and LB11:

I think I am going to re-apply for pharm next year at dal and I was just wondering if you have any tips about the interview? What kind of research did you do? Sites you looked at?

Thanks and have a great first year of pharmacy! I'm so jealous 🙂
 
I am from BC and I recieved an acceptance letter last week. I still havent declined the offer yet because I was still making up my mind, but I just emailed Margaret to let her know i'm declining the offer. I've decided to stick with UBC so that still gives an out of province applicant a chance. I also got into Waterloo so i'll be declining that offer pretty quick here as well so hopefully I can help some of you guys out! Best of luck to all of you!
 
I thought I'd just post on here that a friend of mine, who is out of province applicant got an acceptance letter and declined it, so there would be another spot for an out of provincer. Good luck!!
 
I thought I'd just post on here that a friend of mine, who is out of province applicant got an acceptance letter and declined it, so there would be another spot for an out of provincer. Good luck!!


Hi everyone!

When I called to find out why I was not accepted, I asked Margaret if all 9 spots for out of province have been filled and if people who were declined may still have a chance of getting in.. She said that all nine spots were not filled and they may not be.. She said if only 4 out of 9 people passed the interview then only 4 seats for out of province applicants would be filled. I think this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard b/c my interview was not that bad.. I am obviously fully qualified to go to this university but my answers in the interview were aparently not detailed enough.. I think this is crazy and it actually makes me angry! So even tho some people are declining acceptance offers, its really not opening up spots for anyone else.. sorry if this bums any one out but this is what I was personally told by Margaret!
 
Hi everyone!

When I called to find out why I was not accepted, I asked Margaret if all 9 spots for out of province have been filled and if people who were declined may still have a chance of getting in.. She said that all nine spots were not filled and they may not be.. She said if only 4 out of 9 people passed the interview then only 4 seats for out of province applicants would be filled. I think this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard b/c my interview was not that bad.. I am obviously fully qualified to go to this university but my answers in the interview were aparently not detailed enough.. I think this is crazy and it actually makes me angry! So even tho some people are declining acceptance offers, its really not opening up spots for anyone else.. sorry if this bums any one out but this is what I was personally told by Margaret!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Dalhousie takes 90 students with a maximum of 9 non-maritime student. That does not mean they have 9 spots set aside for non-maritimes, just that they'll take a maximum of 9. So if somebody declines and the next person on the list is non-maritime they will take him and settle for less than 9 non-maritime students, if that makes sense.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad