Dalhousie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superfinger45

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No one talks about this school...I know its in canada, but you can't find anything...there's nothing here or on predents. Anyone know anything about this school?

Members don't see this ad.

They sent the whole ADCOM out here to Utah this past week. It seems like a decent school. I interview on Saturday afternoon here in Utah. Nancy Webb is extremely nice. They had a reception for more info at a hotel and visited each of the schools here in Utah.

What do you need to know about the school? It is LDS friendly, ward and Temple nearby.

dal has a rep for being a fantastic school. it's very difficult to get into (for canadiants). however, b/c international (american) students have to pay almost double the tuition, they save a few 'easier to get into seats' for internationals.

beatiful school though. just google 'dalhousie dentistry' to get to the web page.

best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
dal has a rep for being a fantastic school. it's very difficult to get into (for canadiants). however, b/c international (american) students have to pay almost double the tuition, they save a few 'easier to get into seats' for internationals.

beatiful school though. just google 'dalhousie dentistry' to get to the web page.

best of luck

According to Nancy Webb, the tuition is very average for US schools. like 35-40,000 per year USD.

Yes, but canadian residents pay 14, 000 (cdn), hence dal wants US students so that they can charge you 35,000.

http://www.dentistry.dal.ca/prospective/DDS/index.html

go to 'cost of program', and you'll see what i'm talking about.

So what, we compare it to other american schools and the average tuition nationally, not to what the canadians pay. You will never get that rate, ever. You aren't a canadian. Why worry about that aspect of it?

Actually I am Canadian. And you are extremely rude.:smuggrin:

Hey I was actually waitlisted at Dalhousie last year. It is a great school and the tuition is reasonable for Canadian students, not sure international though. I haven't met anyone who doesn't like the school...small class size is a great bonus too. They only look at your recent two year GPA, although for the 2006 class the average was between 85-90 (straight from Nancy's mouth) so it getting more competitive... I don't understand though why adcoms would go to Utah, I thought they had a deal with Maine to admit a few students from there...

Hey I was actually waitlisted at Dalhousie last year. It is a great school and the tuition is reasonable for Canadian students, not sure international though. I haven't met anyone who doesn't like the school...small class size is a great bonus too. They only look at your recent two year GPA, although for the 2006 class the average was between 85-90 (straight from Nancy's mouth) so it getting more competitive... I don't understand though why adcoms would go to Utah, I thought they had a deal with Maine to admit a few students from there...

They come to Utah where the " great predents are" (Nancy Webb Sept 20 Utah Dalhousie Reception)

Then why worry about what we have to pay? It is comparing apples and oranges.

Dent1021's point was that qualification requirements might be different for Canadians and non-canadians.
Please work on your Reading Comprehension, and try again in 3 months.

Dent1021's point was that qualification requirements might be different for Canadians and non-canadians.
Please work on your Reading Comprehension, and try again in 3 months.

My reading comp score was just fine. This thread is going nowhere. Cya never.