Damn it I've been taking expired meds!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AcousticDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been having sleep problems and have been taking Temazepam, a benzodiazepine, to help me sleep. Problem is I didn't realise the medicine expired 9 months ago. What sort of damage have I done to myself? I know taking some exp meds are ok, some just become ineffective but some also become dangerous since their structure can change. do you guys know if I just ****ed myself up?

Members don't see this ad.

AcousticDoc said:
I've been having sleep problems and have been taking Temazepam, a benzodiazepine, to help me sleep. Problem is I didn't realise the medicine expired 9 months ago. What sort of damage have I done to myself? I know taking some exp meds are ok, some just become ineffective but some also become dangerous since their structure can change. do you guys know if I just ****ed myself up?

You're fine. The drug will slowly lose its potency over time. The expiration date is to insure full potency. If you're falling asleep from the Restoril, then it is still potent enough to work.

dgroulx said:
You're fine. The drug will slowly lose its potency over time. The expiration date is to insure full potency. If you're falling asleep from the Restoril, then it is still potent enough to work.

thanks!!! I was scared I might have done brain damage or something :D

Members don't see this ad :)
AcousticDoc said:
thanks!!! I was scared I might have done brain damage or something :D

aaahaha! :laugh: you're funny! i've had that happen to me too, mine was otc theraflu, it's the only med i take when i get sick, it was like 2 yrs expired, but my pharm friend told me not to take it.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.