Damn QPCR

Started by mark-ER
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mark-ER

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I HATE real-time quantitative RT-PCR. For real. Anyways, here is my question:

I get my RNA, measure concentration in triplicate by OD (spec) and then dilute out accordingly. Then I perform RT and run my samples on icycler (biorad) with SYBR Green. My control is 18s RNA. Now, since I normalize my RNA and assume that RT should not change anything, how come I'm seeing huge (2-7 fold) increase in 18sRNA levels? Shouldn't it not change, given I standardize RNA concentration prior to RT and most (95%+) of the RNA measured by spec is ribosomal RNA? What the hell am I missing here? Anybody else ran into this problem?
 

Similar threads