Dang it!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm tired of being treated like a drug rep by the gate keepers of hospitals.

They will not let me in the door! I have to give them my drivers license, business card...then they make me sit and wait until pharmacy department says ok. Then they make me wear a big ass orange "Vendor/Rep" badge!!

Some stranger even asked me for my business card because her sister wants to be a drug rep and wanted if I could help!!

WFT!!:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

They will not let me in the door! I have to give them my drivers license, business card...then they make me sit and wait until pharmacy department says ok. Then they make me wear a big ass orange "Vendor/Rep" badge!!

Some stranger even asked me for my business card because her sister wants to be a drug rep and wanted if I could help!!

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA......they need to make you walk around the hospital with one of those little drug rep. wheelie bags. Those always make me laugh inside.

And if you go to hospitals with one of those anyway, please stop.

Haha! Now look who the drug rep is!!! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Just ignore them. I've never stopped at any desk on any rotation I've ever been on. Just act like you know where you are going and ask some nurse where the pharmacy is.

Tried and got caught.

I knew it!! You are no fun any more becasue you are a drug rep now. You finally crossed over to the dark side....It all is starting to make sense......

Dood... Puleeez

That's a disappointment. I thought you were smoother than that....

I am smoother than that...but you know those old retired volunteers who guard the hospital as if they are on DMZ...... aint nobody getting through them...

I am smoother than that...but you know those old retired volunteers who guard the hospital as if they are on DMZ...... aint nobody getting through them...

Are you going to take over Conan when he replaces Leno? You are a pretty funny guy.....

Are you going to take over Conan when he replaces Leno? You are a pretty funny guy.....

I would like to put together an 1 hour routine...for ASHP... perhaps one day.

So this female pharmacist has been having a dispute with the clinical coordinator over once daily aminoglycoside...she felt that in order for it to work, the trough should be around 2ug/ml....which is the primary reason for the renal toxicity..sustained high trough.. So she was walking by and the DOP said..."hey...Mary...here is a guy you need to talk to about the aminoglycoside.."

But the looks of her told me if I give her a second...she wouldn't shut up.. so I said...

Mary Mary extraordinary.. your 80mg q8h will result in trought of 2ug/ml every 8 hours..which causes renal toxicity..here is what we should do, load the patient with 7mg/kg..shoot the level up to 28ug/ml which is about 10 times the MIC which we think is the most efficacious bacteriocidal concentration ..then the let the level drop off to below 0.6ug/ml (my nephew's laptop, the five key doesn't work) and let it stay there for over 14 hours..or so..and because of post antibiotic effect and because aminoglycoside is bacteriocidal by intracelluar mechanism, the low trough is ok...also because it gives kidneys time to recover...and also it increases susceptibility of bugs when there is low level of gent in blood.....so we if the t1/2 is about 3 hours, then in 3 hours, the level falls to 14, then in 6 hours....to 7, and then in 9 hours, the level is 3.6 then in 12 hours the level is 1.76..then in 16 hours, the level is 0.876...on and on...and that is the way we should dose it..not trying to dose it your way by keeping the trough high..which is the #1 reason we fry kidneys..and I don't like to eat kidneys...

And I said all this without breathing...and then I looked at my blackberry..and said...goodness Mary..I gotta go to a meeting..Nice meeting you, here is my card. email me... bye. True story. Happend on Wednesday. She hasn't emaild me yet. But I got a request from the hospital to provide antibiotic competency for the pharmacy department...

Oh..btw...Oldtimer..aint you near Philly?

Well well well....what kinda goofy ass HWY system do y'all have???

so..tell me. Isn't NJ Turnpike I-9five? eh? So...if you stay on I-9five coming up from Delaware going to NJ, where do you end up? Definitely not NJ turnpike.

2 highways..same numeral designation.. one goes up and down as a turnpike..the other kinda fades away near Philly... and end you up near Trenton.

So.. I-9five near Philly..would you consider it as a major interstate? Would you also consider I think 267 or 276 PA turnpike which runs into NJ turnpike to a be major Hway? Welll..don't they cross each other? Shouldn't there be an entrance/exit????

What the hell kind of HWY system do you have??

In civilized state like Texas... I-3five splits..one goes through Ft Worth, the other goes through Dallas. The one that goes through Ft Wroth is I3five-W and the other one is I3five-E. No missing those.

I have you know...I was so pissed driving around trenton trying to get back on the turnpike...I called my wife..and told her "honey..get that Garmin Nuvi now." Well, the GPS arrived today.

But I'm still in NJ tonite staying with my bro... but I got lost yesterday trying to find a hospital. I find the hospital, go to the door...but it was way too quiet and not a lot of traffic...there is a written sign.. "hospital moved."

I kid you not. So...I go to a gas station..."sir do you know where this hospital is...?" He says..."what city..." I said..."such such"....he says..."well..this is not such such city." wtf. You don't know where your major hospital is?

A hospital with..."We have moved." sign.

They didn't update their website. Such is life as a consultant.