Dangerous Dog Toy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guppy73

Tufts V'13!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My SO came across this on The Consumerist website, which seems reputable. Thought I'd pass it along: http://www.thechaistory.blogspot.com/

I'm curious as to whether anyone else out there has come across this in their practice.

Members don't see this ad.

I never personally heard of any incidents like that, but, oh man... how terrible and sad. I hope that Four Paws will reconsider selling those particular toys.

hmm yeah i got that blog link too from a local kennel where i volunteered...its terrible!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Four Paws is not selling these anymore:
"Thank you very much for your message.
Like you, Four Paws is deeply concerned about reports of injuries suffered by some dogs as a result of a manufacturing defect in some of our Pimple Ball with Bell toys.
We want you to know that we have stopped shipping these toys to our distributors and we have asked them to have retailers remove the toys from their shelves immediately and return them at our expense.
We have also stopped all shipments of the toys from the manufacturer, and we are sending Executive Vice President Barry Askin to personally inspect the manufacturer’s facility in order to make sure that the defect has been corrected.
We are also changing the packaging of the Pimple Balls to make it easier to inspect them for potential defects, and we are individually inspecting every one of the toys in our inventory in order to identify any that may be defective.
Thank you again for your message and your concern. Please be assured that the safety and well being of pets is our top priority and we are doing everything we can to make sure that this problem is solved as quickly as possible.
Sincerely Yours
Four Paws Products"

Ah, and it is a relief to see that there is truth in that letter since that (and similar products) has been removed from their website.