Dark Portents of Things To Come

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Personally, I think it's just better to be in denial about it. Or talk about a distracting irrelevant social issue. I am looking forward, however, to how congress proposes to deal with this problem with more tax cuts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do I want to read that link? Or do I want to have a good weekend, drink a little too much scotch and forget all this??

Do I want to read that link? Or do I want to have a good weekend, drink a little too much scotch and forget all this??

No Don't read it, its friday (you shouldnt be reading on friday anyway) leave work early and start the weekend asap, im gonna start in about 20 min:luck:

i don't understand why all the furor. people have been saying this stuff (most of it, anyway-not the Part D since that's new) for 15-20 years and politicians have either subscribed to yaah's approach (denial) or figured someone else will deal with it, which functionally is the same. the only difference thru the years is that the timetable and severity keeps getting ratcheted up.
i toured the Jefferson and Lincoln memorials recently in DC and after reading the inscriptions inside, it hit me anew that either we are not producing men like these any more or at least they are not in the public arena. the political leadership in this country is pathetic, I don't care which party you name, which is even more tragic because our system is still the best system going.

Yeah, it's a shame that politicians really don't care. They are elected because of political action groups and organization, and once they get elected no one from their party can even challenge them. Politicians only care about now, and occasionally the past (when they are looking for someone to blame). The future is relevant only as it relates to the 2-4 year election cycle. Past that is someone else's problem. Unfortunately, the public doesn't care and they keep voting for incumbents because it's easier.

When are we going to abolish the fed and return our monetary system to something tied to real value (instead of 0/1s in a computer database).

Like what? Swine flu futures? :eek: