Darthmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

18laguna

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is Darthmout ivy league?

What is ivy league?

Sorry, I am a foreign applicant.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, Dartmouth is an Ivy League school. The Ivy League was formed in the early 1900s initially as an athletic alliance among a group of 8 schools in the Northeast that had sort of similar academic reputations. The schools in the Ivy League are:

Harvard
Yale
Penn (University of Pennsylvania)
Princeton
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth
Brown

Has anyone heard from Dartmouth lately, especially anyone who interviewed in January??

Members don't see this ad :)
Amhurst? :confused:

GhungrooGuy said:
Yes, Dartmouth is an Ivy League school. The Ivy League was formed in the early 1900s initially as an athletic alliance among a group of 8 schools in the Northeast that had sort of similar academic reputations. The schools in the Ivy League are:

Harvard
Yale
Penn (University of Pennsylvania)
Princeton
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth
Brown

AStudent said:

you must mean "amherst". and no, that school is a private college, not a major university.

like the above poster said, the ivy leagues consist of 8 schools in the northeast region.

and for all those who still aren't over it, stanford IS NOT an ivy league school.
ivy league-caliber, yes, but not an ivy league per se. :laugh:

AStudent said:
Nope those are the eight...

and for the true dorks...the seven sisters are????

Barnard
Bryn Mawr
Mount Holyoke
Radcliffe
Smith
Vassar
Wellesley

locks said:
Has anyone heard from Dartmouth lately, especially anyone who interviewed in January??

hey locks - just saw your question from the other thread - i interviewed mid-January. My acceptance letter was dated for the end of January.

grrr... I got rejected two weeks ago... so they are active :(

locks said:

I interviewed late late january but I haven't received anything yet :luck: