Dartmouth Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ti89

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have recieved one when was your file completed? Did you get an email saying it was complete?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

ti89 said:
For those who have recieved one when was your file completed? Did you get an email saying it was complete?

Thanks

I got a completion notification on 8/2 via email, and got the invite yesterday.

Thanks. Good luck in your interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
EnergyShotz said:
I got a completion notification on 8/2 via email, and got the invite yesterday.
nice job. i really want to hear from these guys, submitted in late july and no word. when did you submit? they even cashed my check, bastards

Well I got a conf. email on 8/8 hopin for an interview soon *cross fingers*

Shredder said:
nice job. i really want to hear from these guys, submitted in late july and no word. when did you submit? they even cashed my check, bastards

I submitted my app on the 18th and my letters of rec shortly thereafter. I was rather surprised how quickly they notified me. Within 3 days of having my school send out my LOR packet (I live in CA), they notified me I was complete.

Also, when they invite you for your interview, they give you three days to pick from (for me, it was 9/20, 9/22, and 9/29). Hope this helps :)

Shredder,
I submitted quite a while ago and haven't heard anything, either. Check was cashed as well ... I'm going to call them on Monday.

I was complete on 8/8 and rcvd the invite today (8/20)

What day were the interview invites mailed?

ti89 said:
What day were the interview invites mailed?

My file was complete on 8/02 and I just received the invite today via snail mail. The letter was dated 8/18/05.

pistachio said:
Shredder,
I submitted quite a while ago and haven't heard anything, either. Check was cashed as well ... I'm going to call them on Monday.
:scared: or :mad: hmm i cant decide which to be, definitely not :D though

Also in the letter was a notice of a sweet Ohio Scholars Program for Ohio residents from the Kettering Fund. Up to $40,000/year for a "select number of outstanding Ohio residents." I'm thinking about interviewing on the 22nd, one day after the start of my fall quarter.

Aside from the ivy league affiliation, could someone elaborate on the highlights of Dartmouth medical school? Any particular reasons why people want to spend 4 years studying medicine deep in the woods of New Hampshire?

TheMightyAngus said:
Aside from the ivy league affiliation, could someone elaborate on the highlights of Dartmouth medical school? Any particular reasons why people want to spend 4 years studying medicine deep in the woods of New Hampshire?
superb biz school, but thats only relevant for few. gotta admit though, i like the ivy status and attainability. its a turn off having to study in the middle of nowhere, and winters must be a nightmare. but its better to be in the middle of nowhere in the historical northeast than in the middle of nowhere elsewhere.

wait, so you guys are finding things out by snail mail? i dont have access to my mailbox until the end of august, i wonder if anythings there. as for email they havent said a thing though.

Shredder said:
superb biz school, but thats only relevant for few. gotta admit though, i like the ivy status and attainability. its a turn off having to study in the middle of nowhere, and winters must be a nightmare. but its better to be in the middle of nowhere in the historical northeast than in the middle of nowhere elsewhere.

wait, so you guys are finding things out by snail mail? i dont have access to my mailbox until the end of august, i wonder if anythings there. as for email they havent said a thing though.

I found out the completion status by email, but the actual interview invite was by snail mail.

I saw a picture of the Dartmouth medical school in that blue catalogue they send people, and I'm wondering... where is the rest of civilization!? :confused:

TheMightyAngus said:

I interviewed there last year, and what I loved was well, the program, Hanover was beautiful during the winter (DMS has 2 ski courses and there's a lot of outdoor activities), the people were awsome (both the students and the adminission's department), the Hospital (it's just something out of this world :oops: ), and the fact that the entering class is so small. I want an interview too, pick me, pick me! hehe :D Best of Luck!

Tristy said:
I interviewed there last year, and what I loved was well, the program, Hanover was beautiful during the winter (DMS has 2 ski courses and there's a lot of outdoor activities), the people were awsome (both the students and the adminission's department), the Hospital (it's just something out of this world :oops: ), and the fact that the entering class is so small. I want an interview too, pick me, pick me! hehe :D Best of Luck!
oh hell yeah, i forgot to mention that about dartmouth

1003729.jpg

My #1 reason is about 5'3" and going to school 20 minutes away at Vermont Law. Drove through Hanover on 89 yesterday with the girlfriend's stuff in my car, and figured out that the two schools are within blizzard driving distance, which is nice (multiply normal driving time by 3 or 4).

Other than that: Killington and Ascutney are 40 minutes away, the Long Trail Brewery is about 35 minutes away (their Double Bag Brew is AMAZING at ~7.8% EtOH and you dont know it until you stand up after the second one), the people up there are friendly, and it's absolutely one of the most beautiful places on earth. I could care less that they're Ivy, prestige isnt my thing.

The one overwhelming thing that I've heard from everyone at schools in the area is to make sure that you are able and willing to get out and around during the winter otherwise you'll have a serious case of cabin-fever like "The Shining". Personally, I wouldn't recommend going there unless you like snow and the outdoors. I'd also recommend a good set of snow tires as winter driving in NH and VT is fun for us veterans, and hell for the new folks to learn in.