Dartmouth interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkins2010

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know a few people here have gotten one already. I just have some stupid questions to ask.

I've never been to New England before, so where do I fly into? Is it a long ways from the med school campus? Do you think a student would be willing to pick me up at the airport, or would I have to take a bus or taxi?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Baylor, as a SDN family member, I'm happy for you because of your early success with interview offers. Sometimes however, reading about so many interview offers makes me anxious and even slightly depressed since I have zero.

Anyway, I hope you kick butt on your interviews. Since you'll be a seasoned interviewee veteran by the time many of us get to interviews, I guess you can give us tips later on.

good luck,

Yeah I did actually think about that before I posted.

I was just trying to see if anybody had some quick info. However, I realize that I can easily find the info on my own with a little web surfing.

From now on, I will restrict posting about these things unless I cant find the info anywhere else.

Dont worry too much, it is still very early in the process. Its just now the 2nd week of September, and I have a strong feeling that a major reason why I have been successful is the mere fact that my AMCAS app has been processed, while many others have not.

Good luck, if you have any questions about schools or anything, I would be happy to help.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, No, No, Baylor21. I think anyone should feel comfortable posting a question here regardless. Why would you spend lots of time researching something when you can post it here and chances are someone knows it? I, unfortunately, do not know the answer to your question but I don't think you should not post because you don't want to offend anyone. You are just as welcome to this resource as anyone else. We are big girls and boys, we can take it! And good luck on ALL your interviews (and I actually mean it).
KIM

US Airways flies to Lebanon/Hanover airport, which is within 10 or 15 miles of Dartmouth. The airport code is LEB. Maybe you could go to Orbitz, Travelocity, or Expedia and check out some possible iteneraries and prices.

It might also be cheaper for you to fly into Boston and take a bus to Honover. My brother is starting undergrad. there this fall and that's what he's doing.

Damn Baylor!
YOu the man!!!
I am proud of you!
All these are MD/PHD right?

Actually, I must agree with jmejia, but then I do recall baylor21 was one of the first to get verified, so I don't feel that badly, but still... I'm still waiting for that first interview after 55 tries... Good luck baylor.

Andrew

kutastha,

Just keep on reading that quote of yours :) :) :) :) :)

Southwest flies pretty cheap into Manchester which is 90 miles from Hanover (and from Houston you should get a good fare). There is some bus service that you can take from Manchester to Hanover that is 20 bucks each way, but i think it takes a ridiculously long time, maybe 2 1/2 hours. I am trying to figure this out myself since I'm flying in on the 3rd.