MPH Dartmouth MPH Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bkob

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've got my Dartmouth interview for the MPH program on May 5th. Would anyone be able to shed some light regarding the interview, types of questions, etc?

I'm a bit nervous because I'm applying from outside the US (I was born in the US but grew up and studied abroad) and don't have a lot of experience interviewing.

My background:

Finished med school in India
Practiced as a doctor for 3 years
6 months research experience in infectious diseases
Few volunteer experiences (medical camps, free clinics, flood relief)

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I have a Dartmouth MPH interview later this week and just saw your post! Any insight or advice you can give me would be much appreciated!!

Hi! I have a Dartmouth MPH interview later this week and just saw your post! Any insight or advice you can give me would be much appreciated!!

Sure thing!

I had my phone interview with Dartmouth last week. It was with a recent alumnus. The overall interview was pretty casual and conversational. Definitely prepare answers for your run-of-the-mill standard interview questions (Why MPH? Why Dartmouth? Tell me about a time you worked on a team. Have you ever dealt with conflict on a team? How did you deal with it?). It helps if you read through the MPH related info on their website - specifically what's unique about Dartmouth's programs, strengths, etc. You can incorporate these into your answer about why Dartmouth.

Also, definitely prepare some specific questions for the interviewer. The interview lasts about 30 minutes. Relax and don't stress. If they're taking the time to interview, then they're most likely going to offer you a spot. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user