Dartmouth reject question

Started by Reckoning
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Reckoning

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did everyone who was rejected from Dartmouth receive a brochure from their MPH program? Just wondering...
 
Haven't received a rejection yet, but unless you stated interest in their MPH program, that letter is darn presumptuous.

"Dear soandso, we unfortunately cannot offer you a place in our class... have you considered social work? How about phlebotomy? They're both health related. We have an awesome business school; ever thought of an MBA?"

I've gotten info on combined degree programs from schools that have WLd me, but nothing like this.
 
Thanks for the laugh after a long day!:laugh:

I got the brochure about four days after the letter... I kind of took it as "we like you but your grades are stinky and perhaps you can find your bootstraps in our MPH program." I actually am considering it, but wanted to know if it meant anything at all.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Now that I think about it for a minute what happened is that when I called to talk to one of the admit people about my app, MPH came up, briefly, seemingly tangentially, and BAM there was a brochure in my mailbox two days later and I am way out west. It never occured to me that my convo would translate into contact at the PH dept nor did I think the mail could travel that fast. I gotta give them credit for being on the ball even for applicant #5201...

Since at least jlee didn't get a brochure, it sounds like it's not an automatic mailing. And I got the ax pre-interview.