Dartmouth reject question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reckoning

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did everyone who was rejected from Dartmouth receive a brochure from their MPH program? Just wondering...

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't received a rejection yet, but unless you stated interest in their MPH program, that letter is darn presumptuous.

"Dear soandso, we unfortunately cannot offer you a place in our class... have you considered social work? How about phlebotomy? They're both health related. We have an awesome business school; ever thought of an MBA?"

I've gotten info on combined degree programs from schools that have WLd me, but nothing like this.

Thanks for the laugh after a long day!:laugh:

I got the brochure about four days after the letter... I kind of took it as "we like you but your grades are stinky and perhaps you can find your bootstraps in our MPH program." I actually am considering it, but wanted to know if it meant anything at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
was this pre or post interview?

they wanted nothing to do with me.

Now that I think about it for a minute what happened is that when I called to talk to one of the admit people about my app, MPH came up, briefly, seemingly tangentially, and BAM there was a brochure in my mailbox two days later and I am way out west. It never occured to me that my convo would translate into contact at the PH dept nor did I think the mail could travel that fast. I gotta give them credit for being on the ball even for applicant #5201...

Since at least jlee didn't get a brochure, it sounds like it's not an automatic mailing. And I got the ax pre-interview.