DSNCSUN

2+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello everyone, I am finally done with the DAT. This forum has definitely been help to me and I hope I can give some advice back now that I have completed the DAT. At this moment, I need advice in regard to my application, because it is a bit risky in terms of the way I have applied to schools.
My DAT SCORES have mixed results.
PAT: 18
QR:20
RC:18
BIO:22
GC:21
OC:22
TS:22
AA:21
I am a CA resident with 3.79 BCP; 3.62 Science, and 3.72 Total GPA's. 100+ hours community service, 100+ hours shadowing/volunteering, and paid work outside of dentistry at various places.

I applied to UCLA, UCSF, USC, University of the Pacific, and WesternU. This was a risky move, but it is what it is. I need advice please, I appreciate it.

Nelson16

2+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Awesome job! I've seen you posting on here for about a month and I'm glad it turned out. You do know that there's other states out there besides California, right?

JLT223

Dental Student
2+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Nice scores. Definitely add a few more schools.

OP
D

DSNCSUN

2+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Awesome job! I've seen you posting on here for about a month and I'm glad it turned out. You do know that there's other states out there besides California, right?
Thank you, yes I'm aware for a lot of them likes nevada and arizona which are next closest to me i dont have their prereqs satisfied and im trying to stay im state so not sure what to do

sarriball

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2014
Status
Dental Student
Like you said in your original post, yes it is risky. Which is why our advice has been to apply to more schools.

Reactions: DSNCSUN

Rand627

5+ Year Member
May 7, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Don't have anything to say other then welcome to the post-DAT applicant pool. Feels good doesn't it?

Jun 27, 2015
Status
Dental Student
yup, definitely add a few back up schools out of state unless you are dead set on CA schools and know for sure you will not attend out of state school even if it's the only school that took you.