DAT 1 Week Away, Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Retriever22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT is scheduled for the 19th and I can't figure out how my time would best be spent until then. I've been studying for roughly 3 months and watched all of Chad's videos, took notes, and did quizzes. I also read all of Cliff's AP bio and barron's and did quizzes in both. I went through DAT destroyer GC and Bio once already and did Math Destroyer once already. As far as Destroyer OC I've only done about half of it. When I started I felt that it was too hard so I went back to my notes and old text books to edit my notes and condense them even more.

I've been using DAT bootcamp for PAT and took my first full length two days ago. I got 25/24/19/20/22 (bio/gc/oc/pat/rc/qr). I definitely think organic is one of my weakest areas and needs to be reviewed. I have 7 days though and don't know how to spend that time between 4 more bootcamp tests, the 2009 ADA test, and finishing destroyer/doing a 2nd run.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I personally think you should only do some pat/qr/reading a day. Probably 20 min ea. Then go through the 4 bootcamp tests for all the sciences which you could do in probably a day or two. After that go through the rest of destroyer, maybe even going through some gc and bio again. My test is in 9 days and I'm on a similar boat and this is what I'll be doing. Ive also gone through the destroyer 2 times, making my 3rd round this upcoming week along with the bootcamp tests. Good luck!! Its crunch time

I personally think you should only do some pat/qr/reading a day. Probably 20 min ea. Then go through the 4 bootcamp tests for all the sciences which you could do in probably a day or two. After that go through the rest of destroyer, maybe even going through some gc and bio again. My test is in 9 days and I'm on a similar boat and this is what I'll be doing. Ive also gone through the destroyer 2 times, making my 3rd round this upcoming week along with the bootcamp tests. Good luck!! Its crunch time

So you would recommend just going through the bootcamp tests as practice and not doing them as full exam simulations?

So you would recommend just going through the bootcamp tests as practice and not doing them as full exam simulations?

I personally don't need a lot of work to do on math reading and pat because theres not much you can improve on in a week, therefore no point of taking those full sections in my opinion. It is perhaps a good idea, for me at least, to do all the sciences in one go as if it were the real test. Just know yourself and know if you need work on your stamina, and what sections you need to improve on before test day. Going through all your material twice is highly recommended.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would definitely try and go through Destroyer O Chem or at least focus on learning the roadmaps! I have also heard that doing all of chad's quizzes again has really helped some people. I planned on doing this but ran out of time.

In my final week I went through all the problems I had gotten wrong on my second go through of Destroyer and took a few full length practice tests from BC and the 2009 DAT!

Last edited:
Try doing all the BC sciences at least and do the weakest sections for PAT in between. At this point reading, and math you can only improve so much. Can try to workout the first few tests from the math destroyer. I heard the PAT/RC/QR section for BC were harder than the real thing. I personally have been using Crack dat reading for reading practice although it has way more tone/logic questions.