DAT 1 week out, how to prepare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smiletiger98

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My DAT is one week out, and I want some advice on how to effectively prepare without burning out. I plan on studying for about 7 days and taking the final day before to relax and mentally prepare for the exam. I have taken 6 practice tests (2 Kaplan, 2 Princeton Review, Bootcamp (free), and ADA 2007), and have scored 20-22 for each section and a range of 17-19 for QR. Would it be worth my time to re-take a few practice exams to condition myself more for the real exam and look for improvement in all of my subjects, or would that be counter productive since I have already taken these exams once?

Also, does anyone have advice on how to manage time on QR? That has been my biggest issue when taking my exams. I usually go with the 2 pass method, but sometimes I lag when trying to recognize questions on how to solve certain problems, namely with Data Sufficiency. Those question types are my biggest weakness in the section.

Overall, I feel confident with my preparation, but definitely not over confident. I am mostly excited to take the exam, but again, I do not want to burn myself out before exam day.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I think at this time you should focus on an areas of weakness. You mentioned you had weakness in QR, especially the DATA Sufficiency. You need to get to work should definitely spend time these type of problems. Make a weakness a strength. You do not want to take the exam again due to a low QR score, and I have seen this happen many times over the years.

Your timed test scores look good, but no timed test can accurately predict exactly what you will score on the DAT in any suggestions. You need to go in feeling fully prepared and if you have put in the work and built a strong foundation you will find the exam quite manageable.

Hope this helps, wishing you the best...Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers