DAT 11/1 Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaz129

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just took my DATs yesterday and here are my results(disregardQR...I know how to add...but wow division thats a whole other level:oops:)

BIO:19
CHem:18
OCHEM:17
PAT:19
QR:14....i was expecting this
RC:21
AA; 18
TS:18

Bio: On topscore I was doing really crappy(like 17s) so I am pretty happy with my scores, I studied pretty hard for this. I used Kaplan(Blue Book) ,DAT Destroyer,Exam Crackers MCAT BIO and a little bit from Campbells and some schuamms but it was boring. You have to know a little bit about everything, and I pretty much knew my bio but there were really wierd questions(nothing rlly straight foward) , and I had a slide,and like stuff about foramina...which I knew where wholes but only b/c of my upper level bio courses. Honestly this section needs the most prep time, and all I can say is make sure you read the questions slowly, because they are worded weirdly. Destroyers is good b/c it was the only tool that I had that offered a good way to test myself on a daily basis.

Gen Chem: Kaplan Blue Book...a little bit of Destroyer, I went through the blue book once and practiced with destroyer but I only got through half of it. Not many calc, mostly theory..this is a section that is really easy to raise your score in. My problem here is that focused so much on bio(just cuz its more fun to study than chem) that in the end I couldn't do a comprehensive review for chem

O CHEM: DESTROYER...my score isn't great but my background in O chem is weak , I took a summer course for OCHEM2 and it was really condensed and I literally had to memorize the rxns just to get by. This is a great tool, I understand a lot more from just this than in my courses, I really recommend this for Ochem, b/c the practice really helps. However, I felt like the questions on the actual DAT didn't have as many reactions,like in topscore I usually did better b/c it has more rxns, so it'd be good to understand NMR,IR, and lab techniques.

RC: like topscore, read the passages, don't skim. The passages weren't boring , they were science related but they weren't dry like a science journal.

QR: Ok....this sucks but I ran out of time, I had to guess on like ten questions... and I am sure all my guesses were wrong...becuase I knew how to do all the questions I answered. but I expected this score, it's the last section and I was exhausted. Topscore is a good representative ...except I had weird stat questions about standard deviations and stuff. but only like two.

PAT: CRACKPAT is harder but def. get it. I just bought the 3 exam package, it helped so much, I was soo suprised about how easy TFE was . Angle ranking is a joke( less then a degree diff.) I had to guess, but everything else was easy.

Study TIME: I started studying in august but I stopped in September and started again around the last 3 weeks of October. If you can wait till after winter break to take the exam, I recommend it. This exam obviously needs a lot of time to prep for, I am just pressured for time and needed to take it, I am in a 3+4 and so I just got the score I needed.

Good luck to everyone, hope this helps

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! You've scored pretty well - you must be relieved that you've got that out of the way.

I think your experience should set an example for other people to take QR seriously - like RC, it's a relatively easy way to increase your AA - study all sections and it will pay off! This doesn't really apply to jaz as she has a seat waiting for her in dental school after undergrad (lucky!).

Members don't see this ad :)
THose scores are OK to be honest unless you already have a seat. If you are applying for this cycle I wish you luck if not then retaking it wouldn't be so bad either. Good luck