DAT 2015 QR changes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhiteningStrike

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have read that the QR section for the 2015 DAT will change according to the ADA,

"In order to enhance testing of critical thinking skills, the Quantitative Reasoning Test (QRT) specifications have been revised to eliminate the sections for numerical calculations, conversions, geometry, and trigonometry. Items will be added in the following areas: data analysis, interpretation, and sufficiency; quantitative comparison; and probability and statistics."

I also read that the questions with the new content will be experimental and will not count towards your score. Is this true?

I am wondering because I am using the 2012 edition of the DAT math destroyer, and I am wonder if I should get the 2015 edition.

Your advice?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Get the 2015 version. It has a total of 16 tests. As for the changes,I don't think anything has changed yet.

I had maybe on my test two questions that may fall under the new category. Both were easy enough that you needed the smallest bit of common sense. Most tests seem unchanged this year though because I had my fair share of conversions trigonometry and geometry.

I think all questions count to score.

And I always recommend the new destroyer because that's three more test for you, but yes you can do great without it.