DAT 2nd Attempt Done

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bballrules

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I just ended my test 30 minutes ago. I really need your honest opinion with my scores. Please tell the truth, it will only benefit me.

First Attempt Second Attempt
Pat 18 19
QR 16 17
RC 16 15
Bio 16 20
GChem 20 19
OChem 20 19

18/18/18 19/18/19

As you can see, my only concern is 15. I know that some schools have cutoffs, but do you think I will still be considered? Anybody ever get a 15 on RC, and still get accepted? I bet no one has because this is the 9th percentile. I'm planning on applying to the big private schools like USC,NYU,Tufts,Bu, and some more, I just need to do some research. My GPA is 3.50 and I have shadowed a dentist for about 8 months now. I plan on submitting AADSAS the first week we are allowed to. Do you think that by submitting early, I can maybe bypass their standards since they don't know what the pool will be like? Or do you think I should just retake? My only concern is that I will not be likely to duplicate my other subjects. Anyways, your help is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. I just ended my test 30 minutes ago. I really need your honest opinion with my scores. Please tell the truth, it will only benefit me.

First Attempt Second Attempt
Pat 18 19
QR 16 17
RC 16 15
Bio 16 20
GChem 20 19
OChem 20 19

18/18/18 19/18/19

As you can see, my only concern is 15. I know that some schools have cutoffs, but do you think I will still be considered? Anybody ever get a 15 on RC, and still get accepted? I bet no one has because this is the 9th percentile. I'm planning on applying to the big private schools like USC,NYU,Tufts,Bu, and some more, I just need to do some research. My GPA is 3.50 and I have shadowed a dentist for about 8 months now. I plan on submitting AADSAS the first week we are allowed to. Do you think that by submitting early, I can maybe bypass their standards since they don't know what the pool will be like? Or do you think I should just retake? My only concern is that I will not be likely to duplicate my other subjects. Anyways, your help is greatly appreciated.

That big jump in Bio score alone justifies the 2nd attempt especially since your other scores are consistent. You stand a good chance getting interviews at private schools. If schools have a minimum they will abide by them regardless of the application being early or late.