Dat 3/19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nkim23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took my DAT last week... below are my scores

PAT 21
QR 19
RC 17 :sleep:
Bio 20
GenChem 21
OrganicChem 20
TS 20
AA 19

I'm trying to apply this cycle.. but I dont know if I should retake..(my gpa is 3.63 btw)

If I do choose to retake, I guess the earliest i can take is 6/19? is this too late?

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

solid science score! Congrats!:)

PAT 21
QR 19
Bio 20
GenChem 21
OrganicChem 20
TS 20
AA 19

I'm trying to apply this cycle.. but I dont know if I should retake..(my gpa is 3.63 btw)

If I do choose to retake, I guess the earliest i can take is 6/19? is this too late?

What do you guys think?

PAT 21
QR 19
Bio 20
GenChem 21
OrganicChem 20
TS 20
AA 19

What do you guys think?

Excellent GPA and solid DAT scores.

You can relax and expect to get into dental school.

Im studying for the DAT right now and will be taking April 15th.

Can you please give some direction/advice?
Any topics you recommend I heavily review?
Materials you used?
How was the calculator for the math section?

Nice Job! I think you'll be fine. June-July is still very, very early in the application cycle so definitely take it again if you absolutely feel the need. I took it again in March and was put on a wait list one week later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't even think about retaking. 19AA with 3.6 GPA is the recipe for an acceptance letter.

The average score of the DAT for EVERYONE who takes it is about 17. The average for people who get accepted nation wide is approx 19 (it varies between 18-20). This is for sure your range, if you don't get accepted this cycle, it woun't be because of your DAT/GPA, it would be because of something else.

6/19 is not too late, but you should have everything else submitted by then. In my opinion if you think you can improve your TS and AA by 2, you should retake it. your scores are okay but it would be nicer to see some 22 and 23s. Your reading score needs improvement.

I probably wouldn't retake it ha you're GPA is fine and if you think you can give a good interview I'd say your set - cuz you'll get one with those scores