Dat: 3/25/10

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kpanesar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I just took the DAT and here are my scores

PAT: 21
QR: 18
RC: 20
BIO: 20
GC: 23
OC: 22
TS: 21
AA: 21

PAT: was actually kinda disappointed cus CDP was alot more clearer in with pictures than the actual DAT was. Overall wasn't too bad, except my marker ran out of ink by the time i got to cube counting so i wasted some time gettin a new one, which clearly sucked.

QR: i would say that this was just hard cus of the time. i never really focused on this section so i'm happy with my score. the calculator did help on some problems where prior you had to do all the number crunching by yourself.

RC: i had the piano passage but it really wasnt that bad. the other one was on signal transduction, which if you're a bio major you can answer most of the questions without having to read through the passage. overall i ended up with spare time. i never really focused on QR other than with practice tests.

Bio: bio was chill, there were some kinda ambiguous questions and a couple specific to certain plants.

GC: wasn't really too bad...achiever was alot harder

OC: pretty chill also; not many problems askin bout reactions, more so concepts.

Overall: so i was studyin for my dat while doing school, so my study schedules was not ideal considering during finals week i couldnt really touch my dat stuff (and my test was the week after). My overall GPA is a 3.2 and my science is a 3.0 as i've been involved in competitive dance team and extracurriculars. so i'm wondering if i should retake over the summer to try and get a better score so i could be more competitive.

what do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

im just seriously paranoid bout my gpa considering being from cali the top state schools are UCLA, UCSF, UOP.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya, Congrats! Pretty good QR score for not studying that section much and nice RC for even having the dreaded Piano passage..dun dun dunnnnn..... hehe.

alot of the questions for the piano seemed like a repeat of just like the same concept, but then again i've played the trumpet for 10yrs so some of the questions just seemed like general concepts you pick up in an orchestra about the piano.

awesome job on ur DAT, you must be super relieved!

Can you please tell give us a breakdown of how you studied for each section and what you used?

Thanks!

solid scores dont worry abt a retake you should be fine with ur gpa and that score do let us know what you used and what was the most helpful that piano passage is tough but u did well on it best of luck

well I used the kaplan blue book and read it like twice, then I read the cliffs ap bio book, then the kaplan again, then the barrons book. After that I was goin through destroyer, using some pat, and just learnin the questions and how to use strategy on answerin questions. I did an achiever twst, the kaplan bb and online, and free ada practice test. I also used cdp and cdm, and a bit of cds . Luckily I had a bio class on molecular basis of disease so some of the topics were similar. I'd say understand the destroyer down pat and for reading comp the articles are setup like research papers so if you kno how to analyze papers you will def be fine. I wish I had more time but def took like 3 months studyin cus of school. Let me kno if you got other questions. Oh I also used some of the chad lectures.