BIO 24
GCHEM 22
OCHEM 22
PAT 18
RC 19
QR 17

TS 23
AA 21

I know I didn't do as well on the last half of the exam, and I am a bit surprised myself because I was scoring 20-23 on CRACK DAT PAT and all RC practices. I didn't study for QR - was just hoping to wing that section. But do you think those scores will have a large impact on my application? Especially the PAT :scared:

Thanks.

sajjy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2007
Status
Dental Student
BIO 24
GCHEM 22
OCHEM 22
PAT 18
RC 19
QR 17

TS 23
AA 21

I know I didn't do as well on the last half of the exam, and I am a bit surprised myself because I was scoring 20-23 on CRACK DAT PAT and all RC practices. I didn't study for QR - was just hoping to wing that section. But do you think those scores will have a large impact on my application? Especially the PAT :scared:

Thanks.
you should now just relax and SAY "AAHH"....

rushang

10+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Congrats on your scores....YOU ROCKED SCIENCES MAN !!!

1) What were your study materials, out of them which did you think was the most representative

2) How was the bio section overall, any tricky questions, any tips you have

3) How about RC, where there any ethic passage or all three were some science related....

Just want you to know, your help is greatly appreciated....

THANKS..!!

About the Ads

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
Oh no! You only got an 18 on the PAT!!! It's the end of the world!!! *Runs around flapping arms*:laugh:

Great job. You don't have to worry about this again.:thumbup:

doc3232

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Congrats on your scores....YOU ROCKED SCIENCES MAN !!!

1) What were your study materials, out of them which did you think was the most representative

2) How was the bio section overall, any tricky questions, any tips you have

3) How about RC, where there any ethic passage or all three were some science related....

Just want you to know, your help is greatly appreciated....

THANKS..!!
Probably not a man judging the pic.
good job,
Your PAT and QR are more than fine, I am sure.

OP
SayAahh

SayAahh

10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Thanks everyone!! It's reassuring to hear. I can't express how great it feels not to have to study anymore! :clap:

To brief over some of your questions,

1) My study materials included the Destroyer, Cliffs AP Bio, Kaplan only for a few sections, and some notes from class. I also used Achiever and Topscore 2 weeks before my exam. I feel as though Cliffs AP is really all you need for the biology, that is, if you have a fairly firm grasp on biology. My exam had more thought-provoking questions than straightforward questions as I'm sure others have already stated.

2) Honestly, NOTHING that I spent a lot of time learning and understanding about kingdoms, etc was on the exam. It almost feels as though I over studied - or studied too much detail - for the sciences. But I guess you never know what you'll expect. The key is to build up your background knowledge on these topics so that you can assess the nature of the application type questions.

3) My first RC passage was non-science related and boring but also took me the longest time. The others were science-related. Yes, there is a handful of questions about tone, inferences, predictions about passages but there's also a large amount of straightforward questions too. Like I said, I was caught offguard with my lower RC score since I never scored that low on any practices, but I also panicked slightly in the middle of the first passage and that ate up a few minutes of my time. I didn't read the passages; skimmed them to get a rough idea of where some of the key words were located and worked from there. I didn't write anything/take notes during this section.

Hope this helps.

rushang

10+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah i know ehh, tell me about overstudying...lol...

Can you post your Topscore/Achiever scores if you dont mind. Which one do you think resembles the best to the real DAT.

Again. I really appreciate your input on this.

Have a great day. :)

OP
SayAahh

SayAahh

10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Let's hope they're good scores. My GPA is a 3.36 due to an absolute disastrous first year and a half at a community college, which I made up with A's/A+'s in my upper level sciences at a 4-yr university. Total transformation I tell ya. I hope it's viewed very positively, especially since my overall GPA is quite a bit lower than my GPA from the university I graduated from (GPA: 3.67). Oh well, you win some you lose some.

My scores were as follows:
AA / TS / PAT

Topscore:
1) 19 / 19/ 22
2) 20 / 20 / 21
3) 20 / 20 / 22

Achiever:
1) 21/ 20 / 18
2) 18/ 18 / 18
3) 20 / 21 / 19

With Crack DAT PAT I was scoring in the 20's.

I actually thought Achiever was easier than Topscore. I didn't like some of the types of questions that Topscore had for the sciences. My achiever scores should have been higher but with some questions you'll encounter, you'll be able to narrow it down to 2 answers and then you can't differentiate because you never come across THAT kind of detailed difference between the 2 answers in your studying - basically, there wasn't a single question that I was like What the...? with achiever (well, except for those crazy questions where I guess you're expected to know organismal names that I can't even pronounce). I also felt as though the way the questions were stemmed on Achiever very much resembled those of the DAT.

About the Ads