Dat 5/7

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Afterschool88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN. I'm an avid lurker here on the forums, and I would like to contribute my experience on the DAT, in hope some may find it useful on their quest to become a Dentist.

First of all, a big thanks to the forum for providing a ton of insight on common mistakes on the DAT.

Anyways, I didn't do so hot on the DAT, but I'm just glad that it is done.

PAT: 20
QR:18
RC:21
Bio:20
GC:26
OC:21
TS:22
AA:21

PAT:

Whats Hot: PAT wasn't that bad. I'm surprised I didn't do that well, but I do know why I did bad. I didn't do any of the CRACK DAT PAT tests. I got the software and practiced with no time limit. Yes I did well and got all my answers correct, but you MUST practice under real timing conditions. I freaked out halfway, since I was going to slow. PRACTICE timing on the CRACK tests. It will be a Saviour.

Whats Not: Kaplan is not good for this at all. IMO. Avoid.

QR:

Whats Hot: Math destroyer worked well. I didn't really study this section as hard as other sections, because Math and I are don't mix well together. I invested my time into probably 5 tests and felt comfortable. IMO, math destroyer is good enough.

Whats Not: Math Destroyer+Kaplan is overkill. I couldn't get through it. But I would assume its worth it if you can muster doing so many math problems.

RC:

Whats Hot: Search n Destroy worked well.

Whats Not: Nothing really.

Bio:

Whats Hot: AP bio cliffs/Kaplan is good enough if you have a good background.

Whats Not: Schaums biology book. Way to detailed and so boring.

GC:

Whats Hot: Kaplan=Excellent coupled with Destroyer=Perfection.

Whats Not: Nothing really to say here.

OC:

Whats Hot: Kaplan=Excellent coupled with Destroyer=Perfection. Imo I could of done alot better if I invested time in my ochem book.

Whats Not: Nothing really to say here.

Overall, I'm just happy to be done. I wish I did better, but don't we all?

Members don't see this ad.

your scores are not so hot? ummm to me they are GREAT! Congrats, I'm sure it feels good to done! :D

Sorry, new to some of the terminology on SDN:)

what is the search and destroy method used in the RC section

Anyways, I didn't do so hot on the DAT, but I'm just glad that it is done.

PAT: 20
QR:18
RC:21
Bio:20
GC:26
OC:21
TS:22
AA:21

What do you mean you didn't do too hot:confused:
AA of 21 is always in the 90th percentile of scores, you did better than 90%+ of people who took the DAT

Congrats, nice scores :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
What?? your scores are great! congrats!!!
since im just starting to study for my DATs, do you mind giving us some details on how long you studied for?

What?? your scores are great! congrats!!!
since im just starting to study for my DATs, do you mind giving us some details on how long you studied for?

Hmm...

February=Reviewed
March=Problems
April=Taking Tests

I was originally supposed to test in middle of April, but I kept pushing my test date back. I felt I wasn't ready, but in reality, you can never be really ready.

I was taking practice achiever and kaplan tests and getting consistently 20-22's, but I felt that wasn't good enough. I guess all the 25+ posters here made me feel like I wasn't ready. (And thats another reason why I didn't do so hot)

But anyways, the best advice I can give you is this: Setup a test date and take it on that date. One can never be ready for this test, because the study material is so broad and random. Just study as much as possible, and get it over with.