DAT 6-month expiration extension

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djfloss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

My DAT is due to expire and am scheduled for the test next week but am not ready as I still want to finish DAT Destroyer at least once for bio before taking the test. I have not even touched math :/ yet either!

Will they allow me reapply for the test and still take it before let's say mid June? Or will they make me wait??

I am a little worried right now. I do not mind paying another $345 but I am just worried what if they will not let me extend my test for $60 then will they at least let me reapply and take the test soon?

my current scores:
Bootcamp
AA 19 Bio 20 Chem 19 Ochem 19 Pat 19 RC 17 QR 16

TS Bio: 17, 18, 17
TS Chem: 18, 19, 18
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like you're ready going based on your scores. i'd do more work into QR like qvualt. You could even do the whole bio section there.

It's $415 now. They won't extend the date unless you have extenuating circumstances (e.g. death in the family), but you can re-purchase a ticket to schedule and take the test again.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well I am not very consistent with my Bio score cause TS scares me and I have not even opened bio destroyer yet. My actual test is on the 27th

I thought TS chem was easy but timing was a big issue I guessed on three questions.

I would be much more confident if I could extent at least two more weeks.

Does anyone know if you can reapply for the exam and still take it by the second week of June?

I tried to reschedule but they told me I cannot do that and that I have reached my limit.

It's $415 now. They won't extend the date unless you have extenuating circumstances (e.g. death in the family), but you can re-purchase a ticket to schedule and take the test again.
Thank you, Feralis! I appreciate the information! I will talk to them in person rather than their automative system. O congrats on your scores! They were amazing and your breakdown was very informative!

And wow that is a lot, $415! I think i need the time though! Thank you again!

My TS bio was like an 18 or 19 and I got a 20.

I didn't really like TS

Can I re-purchase a ticket to schedule the test agin through prometrics or ADA? I talked to someone from prometrics but they told me that I had to cancel my test, which I just did, then call ADA to get an extension? Little worried now that I just canceled my test

Or could I just get an new DentPin and apply all over again as if I did not apply?

Last edited:
I just talked to ADA and they told me I would have to have my application closed out and reapply for the test. Thank you again for your help! Hope this works out before mid June