DAT 6 week study plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7amsho

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks! I was wondering what you guys think about my 6 week study plan before taking the DAT June 30th. I am currently taking 15 credits (orgo 2, biochem, psych stats, grad level ethics class), doing research (5 hours a week) and working (6-9 hours a week). However, I am studying slowly during the semester:
PAT: I do 1 CDP every week
BIO: read 1 chapter from Barron a day + take notes, read 10 pages of Feralis a day
QR: Math destroyer, 1 test a week
CR: reading scientific articles couple times a week
OC: EK, do 120 questions a week
GC: I was planning on doing the same as OC but it turned out I am REALLY bad at chem (even tho I got an A- and a B), so I am gonna start watching Chad's videos, couple hours every week

Now my semester will be over May 17th (Saturday), and I will start the Monday right after, here's my plan:

Week 1: 1 CDP/day, Read BIO each day, Watch Chad for GC, EK OC 100 questions/day, Math Destroyer 1 test/day
Week 2: everything the same, I will switch from Chad to EK for chem and do 100 questions/day
Week 3: Same as week 2, except no more Math Destroyer

At this point, I would have read Bio (Barron, Cliff's, Feralis) several times each, did Math destroyer twice, EK OC twice, EK GC once, Chad GC and every CDP twice in those 3 weeks.

One Day: Relax, and then..

Week 4: 2 practice tests a day
Week 5: half 2 practice tests a day, second half: 2 CDP/day, read bio, DAT Destroyer (go over it twice), Math Destroyer (once)
Week 6: same as Week 5

Day before test: RELAX

Practice tests: 1 from ADEA website, 3 Achiever, 3 Topscore, 5 Bootcamp, 10 Qvault

What do you guys think? I will be able to hold couple hours each day, plus it would train me for sitting for 5 hours while taking the DAT!

Members don't see this ad.

It is the luck of the Draw. Recently some people I know took the DAT and they said that questions were harder than in Chads. They liked CrackDAT, Destroyer and Feralis notes.

I personally don't think you need that much math destroyer, the questions represent the hardest 25% of the questions you will see on the DAT. Instead get very comfortable with more basic math found on chads.

I also think you should spread/continue your bio throughout the 6 weeks, it's a lot of information and to score well you need to keep stuffing it back into your brain as quick as it falls out.

You can honestly save yourself hundreds and get away without achiever/topscore, i think bootcamp and qvault prepared me more than enough for the tests. There are additional questions not found on the 10 subject tests for each subject that can provide you with more than enough practice.

Lastly, install the HTML 5 beta for your internet browser which you allow you to watch youtube videos at 1.5x speed and watch all of craig savage's relevant videos (he talks slow). http://www.youtube.com/user/XsavageXsecretX/videos Navigate to his playlists page and they are all organized sequentially. He has really good ones on hormones, DNA, and plants/animals. Do this after reading through feralis's/Cliff's so you know what information is relevant and can skip over the information which you won't be tested on.

Thanks for your advice, I agree there is too much QR in there, I am already good in math (I even tutor Calc 1 2 & 3). Do you think I should do anything else during the semester tho?

If you're already good at math, I would definitely cut down on Math Destroyer (Don't get cocky though). But you should definitely still look at every single equation/formulas that are expected to be on the real exam.