dat 7/15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashlander

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got back from the testing center and I'm really glad it's all over!
Here is what I got

PAT 22 (96.2%)
QR 20 (89.3%)
RC 20 (72.4%)
BIO 27 (99.7%)
GC 23 (95.0%)
OC 24 (95.2%)
TS 24 (99.3%)
AA 23 (98.3%)

Just wanna say THANK YOU to all SDNers.

FYI, I got pianoed with 18 min left for RC (it was the last passage)
I went crazy after seeing the piano cause i thought piano usually comes up as the 2nd passage.
Anyways, the scores came back higher than I expected and i am off SDN for a while.
I will give breakdowns later today after I fax my scores.

Here I am!
I was very busy today sending scores to schools and visiting DS admissions in the afternoon.
As I promised, here it goes

Bio - I could not relax and focus on the exam in the beginning. I was seriously breaking down. I was soooo nervous. Anyways, I got back on track after a few problems. I ended up using 10 more minutes than I would usually do. Took me 30 min! I am slow with gen chem calculations, so I always wanted to finish bio early and move on.
For the questions, they came from all over the places and I think you need to know more than what is presented in cliff's. They could ask you for leptin and it's nowhere in cliffs. I was hoping to not see a frap question and thank god I didn't. Also, don't just know the facts..know how it applies..I wasn't used to this and I was very confused.
I used Campbell 8th, cliffs, barrons. went over cliffs and barrons twice along with my campbell textbook. Not much destroyer..I just went over it in the last week.
GC - So I was already behind my own timing from the practice tests. Actual calculations were relatively simple compared to that of destroyer, but don't underestimate them!
They could be very tricky. (at least it was for me). Also just like everyone else saying, know concepts very well!
I always sucked at GC and I spend most of my time on GC. Destroyer was good but Kaplan problems were awesome. I went over destroyer and kaplan problems 3 times. (apprently not enough) :)
OC - I had 20 min to finish this section, and started going crazy. Thankfully I got through with 2 seconds to spare. :)
Not many tricky reaction problems..maybe 3-4. Destroyer was good as well as Kaplan. practice practice practice!

PAT - CDP
I was getting 23-28 but real thing was way more difficult than CDP in my opinion..particularly folding..not similar with CDP at all. Angles..hard as expected

Reading
Just practice tests. English is my second language and I am not a good reader. Just need to be focused and use time wisely. I didn't use search and destroy. I skimmed through the passage using 3-4 min, knowing different paragraph's keypoints. I came back after reading each question. My RC score is not good, so you guys probably do not need my advice on this.

Math - CDM - anywhere between 20-26
I am not good at math at all and didn't bother learning trigs all over again. I just guessed on those and spent more time on other word problems. I think there are only about 3 -5 trigs.

I hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
congrats :thumbup: and waiting for your breakdown

I just got back from the testing center and I'm really glad it's all over!
Here is what I got

PAT 22 (96.2%)
QR 20 (89.3%)
RC 20 (72.4%)
BIO 27 (99.7%)
GC 23 (95.0%)
OC 24 (95.2%)
TS 24 (99.3%)
AA 23 (98.3%)

Just wanna say THANK YOU to all SDNers.

FYI, I got pianoed with 18 min left for RC (it was the last passage)
I went crazy after seeing the piano cause i thought piano usually comes up as the 2nd passage.
Anyways, the scores came back higher than I expected and i am off SDN for a while.
I will give breakdowns later today after I fax my scores.

It's good to see people do decent on the piano test. Congrats.

congrats on your scores!

basically if you see piano, are you guaranteed a lower score (assuming you don't have any prior knowledge)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! solid scores! Waiting for your breakdown . What is the piano thingy in the RC section I have seen alot of people talking about it but never know what is it , can someone please explain it to me ? Thanks :)

nice scores!!! you're prolly druck right now and having fun. you should... job well done. i on the other hand, can't wait to finish... 1 more month :eek: holla at the details of the test doe. gratz again!:D

Very nice scores!! Congrat's to you! Just curious how long did you prepare for the DAT? Also is this your first time taking it?

thanx!
i studied for 2 months but hardcore for 2-3 weeks.
yes, it was my first time!
hope my breakdown helps.

It's a RC passage. Can't go into the details, but there are about 5-6 questions that are incredibly tough to figure out. I spent 3 minutes looking for an answer with the time I had left and couldn't find it anywhere. It was ridiculous. I spent 15 min. on the other passages, but this one KILLED me