Dat 7-21 Frap!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akirar

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the DAT today. I am so glad its done. Im a little dissapointed in my scores though, I know I could do better. I'll start off with my practice scores.

Diagnostic: Bio 15 Gchem 14 OC 16 PA 15 RC 22 QR 19 TS 15 AA 17
Midterm: Bio 17 Gchem 15 OC 18 PA 19 RC 22 QR 16 TS 17 AA 18
Final: Bio 21 Gchem 19 OC 21 PA 21 RC 21 QR 16 TS 20 AA 20
FL #2: Bio 21 Gchem 20 OC 11* PA 23 RC 22 QR 18 TS 18* AA 18*

Topscore: Bio 18 Gchem 18 OC 16 PA 20 RC 25 QR 15 TS 18 AA -
Topsscore 2: Bio 19 Gchem 16 OC 18 PA - RC - QR 18 TS 18 AA -
Topscore 3: Bio 21 Gchem 18 OC 23 PA 20- RC - QR 18 TS 20 AA -

* only answered 10 questions.

Now for my real scores:

Bio - 20
Gchem - 19
Ochem - 22
PAT - 20
RC - 20
QR - 15 :thumbdown:
TS - 20
AA - 19

Study materials: Kaplan, destroyer, and examcrackers bio.

Bio: Super random. I was going through the bio section and answered question 39, I was thinking to myself sweet no FRAP. Then BAM question 40 FRAP! I laughed a little and then continued with teh exam. Anyways, I feel the only way to study for bio is to just read as much as you can, destroyer definitely helps with this. I dont think I had any photosynthesis questions, go figure. Like I said just read as much as you can you never know what they will ask in this section

Gchem: Like everyone has been saying mostly conceptual a few calculations. I did 15-20 problems from destroyer and quit. Destroyer goes way overboard with calculations and crazy problems.

Ochem: Kaplan is all you need. Destroyer was also good for this section but like in gchem they go into way to much detail. Honestly all you need is Kaplan for thsi section.

PAT: Comparable to topscore just a bit harder than Kaplan. Angles were a bit harder. Cubes easier. Pattern folding easier. Keyhole was the same. Pattern folding maybe a touch harder.

RC: Ethics passage wasn't too bad. I thought I did better in this section but wont complain about a 20. I was counting on doing better on this section to make up for QR but that didn't work out. There were a few tone and inference questions. Overall not too bad.

QR: Watch your timing and make sure you get to see every question. I didn't study for this section at all. I went in knowing I was going to guess on a bunch. I was hoping for like a 17 but whatever.

I am pretty worried about the 15 in QR. Hopefully it wont kill my chances. Am I going to haev to retake because of the 15? If you have any questions let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

lol, frap question is number 40?

wow... i mean, just wow..

good job btw.

i am freaking out cause my test is on thursday.

do you recommend anything more on bio section to study besides destroyer?

congratz...good scores, except for QR, which I heard is not that important ..

Members don't see this ad :)

good job btw.

Umm really I dont think any one source can adequately prepare you for this section. I had 3 or 4 questions that I guarantee you wont see disscussed in any DAT review books. Examcrackers Bio was pretty good. a short brief read that covered a lot of the material tested.

You did well mi amigo, good work! We are both done!!!!! Summer begins!

Just saw your thread. Awesome job, you should be proud. I was hoping for scores like yours but I guess I can settle. But yeah definitely ready to begin summer!

Great job!

Did u ever take the kaplan subject tests? and if so what did u get one those? where they harder than the real thing?

Great job!

Did u ever take the kaplan subject tests? and if so what did u get one those? where they harder than the real thing?

Yeah, I took the subject test. I would get around 70-85% on most of the Kaplan test. The Kaplan Bio subject tests are definitely comparable but they dont cover the range of material that the DAT does. Kaplan Gchem has way to many calculations but the non-calculation questions are good. Ochem is spot on. Know the Kaplan Ochem and you will do weel on the DAT.

I didnt do the QR subjects tests or the RC though so I cant coment on those.

good job btw.

lol ya that sucks pretty bad, though for me it sucked too. Try getting the FRAP question as your second one on the test!! that really made me feel awesome haha

anyway, good job man you wrecked the RC regardless!!

Excellent job! All that hard work has paid. Don't worry about that 15. If the rest of your application is decent, get ready for interviews. You know, reading your post gave me a glimpse of hope. Your topscore exam scores are almost identical to mine and if you can do it so can I haha. I am actually looking fwd to the FRAP test because like you said it doesn't contain many tone questions and I kill at search and destroy. Did you see any bio questions directly from destroyer?

You have exact same score on bio, g chem, and o chem!!! I took it today too:).
I think 15 on QR should be fine. I got 15 on RC last year and applied late (mid october), but still got one interview. Since QR is not important as RC I guess you can have more interview than me! =) FYI do not apply Temple, Case Western, and Howard. Their minimum DAT score is 18 on every section. I didn't know that last year so I wasted money!

I would double check that, I don't think 18's the minimum.

You have exact same score on bio, g chem, and o chem!!! I took it today too:).
I think 15 on QR should be fine. I got 15 on RC last year and applied late (mid october), but still got one interview. Since QR is not important as RC I guess you can have more interview than me! =) FYI do not apply Temple, Case Western, and Howard. Their minimum DAT score is 18 on every section. I didn't know that last year so I wasted money!

I thought it was 17. But who knows maybe they upped it???

I confirmed on the phone that Temple was 18 minimum. I remembered other 2 schools are 18 too, but I might be wrong. You should double check it :D

Excellent job! All that hard work has paid. Don't worry about that 15. If the rest of your application is decent, get ready for interviews. You know, reading your post gave me a glimpse of hope. Your topscore exam scores are almost identical to mine and if you can do it so can I haha. I am actually looking fwd to the FRAP test because like you said it doesn't contain many tone questions and I kill at search and destroy. Did you see any bio questions directly from destroyer?

Thanks. Haha, yeah if I can do it anyone can. If you are getting the scores I was getting on topscore you will be fine. For me Topscore Ochem is almost identical to the real deal, and bio was pretty good to. I thought I destroyed RC, my score on the real thing was the lowest I had ever gotten, but I didnt think the ethics passage was THAT bad. If I wouldnt have read SDN I wouldn't have thought it was anything special.

Damn, math is killing people this year.

Hope it doesn't affect anybody's chances at acceptance.