Dat 7/25/11

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrFIXmyTOOTH

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I haven't said to much on this form, but have been on and off for a while. I took my DAT today, here is my scores

PAT-21
QR-21
BIO-20
GEN CHEM-24
ORGANIC CHEM-20
READING-17-mother effer.
AA-20(93.5%)

GPA-3.7
sGPA-3.6
BCP-GPA-3.5
Top 50 University

Alright, I first want to say thanks to everyone who posted a breakdown, it really does help. Material used- Kaplan class, White Book Chem/Gchem. Cliffs AP, Crack PAT, Crack Reading, Achiever, Topscore, DATqvault Chads-Ochem,Gchem.

Bio-If I would to do it again I would save this section for last.Nerves hurt on this section. I am a bio major, and this section was tough. Cliffs is not enough for this section. What I did was for each section in cliffs, I would wikipedia the topic, and read each topic. Its not that the material is random, its more how they word the questions. Paragraph style questions relating material throughout topics. If I had to say DATqvault was the most representitive. I took all 10 tests, and scored from 19-22. Achiever Bio is also a good representitive of the bio section, atleast mine. Topscore was easier, scored 22 on Topscore.

Gchem-This section was very easy. Its been 4 years since I took Gchem, and I was getting 19-20 on practice test. I thought this was going to be my worst section. I didn't have one calculation, they were all set up in the problem. All the calculation were very straight forward. If you use Chads, should be more than sufficient. Know the concepts behind each topic. I was scoreing 18-19 on Achiever and 20 on Topscore.

OChem-Again fairley easy, I am surprised I didnt score higher. Must of made some stupid mistakes. Chads is more than sufficient for this section. Know basic reactions/NRM/Functional groups/Acidity. Similar to Topscore, Achiever is harder. Topscore-22-23, Achiever-19-20.

PAT-CDP is good, but I think Achiever is underrated for the PAT. Achiever was harder than my section, but it was great practice.
Keyhole- More difficult than CDP- shapes are not as straightforward as CDP. Not as hard as achiever, but achiever is great practice.
TFE-Harder than CDP, more similar to achiever, but not as hard. I think they are making this section so you can't just use the line counting method. DO NOT COUNT ON THIS METHOD.
Angles-I found this section much easier than CDP. Similar to Topscore angles but they were more clear.
Hole Punching-Easier than CDP
Cube-Easier than CDP
Pattern-Easier than CDP, much easier than achiever. More about what shape the pattern makes rather than the shading.

Reading-Man, I didn't really study for this section but I found this section pretty hard. I have always been more of a math/visual guy, I hope schools understand that. Lol, but my passages were much longer than CDR and more science oriented. If I had to say anything most representitive is achiever.

QR- I am decent at math so didn't study for this section. It was fairley easy. Only Math section I took was ADA 2009-much easier than this. I took Achiever too, it was easier than achiever also. Know basic trig functions, and how to set up word problems and you should be fine. Had 1 basic stat question.

If you have any questions, ask. More than willing to help, but may not answer until tom.

Members don't see this ad.

Great job man!

Bio-If I would to do it again I would save this section for last.Nerves hurt on this section. I am a bio major, and this section was tough. Cliffs is not enough for this section.

When you say this are you referring to the test, like just skip bio at first and do gen chem and o chem then do bio?

Good job. I think you had a harder version than others based on the other posts I've read. With that being said, great job!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the DAT today, too! OP congrats on the awesome PAT score!
I studied solely with Crack DAT for Bio, Gen Chem and Orgo and PAT. For bio I read Kaplans MCAT book and still found the actual test MUCH harder than I was prepared for. The reading comprehension was really really easy and I actually had time left over. I ran out of time for the PA and QR sections.

PA 19
QR 17...yikes
RC 22
BIO 18
Gen Chem 19
Orgo 22
TS 19
AA 20

I really don't want to retake it. Any opinions?

you just thread jacked him :laugh: