Dat (7/29)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtslick89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Overall GPA: 3.58
Science GPA: 3.48

DAT (7/29..first/only attempt)
Bio:18
GC:18
Orgo: 23
TS: 20
RC:20
QR:18
AA:19
PAT:15 :scared: (damn it!)

I went to a very good undergrad program...ranked in top 15 national universities.

I am 95% sure I am retaking the DAT because of my PAT score. If my PAT score had been 17 or higher, I would have not retaken the DAT because my GPA is pretty solid and I have good EC's/three generation dental family.

I applied to UMDNJ, Tufts, BU, Temple, Nova, and UF. Out of those 6 schools, do you know which ones will not accept my PAT score (bc it is too low). I believe Tufts has a 17 or higher policy for PAT. Anyone have any advice/suggestions about retaking/not retaking?

Anyone know of the min (if any) requirements for any of those 6 schools?

Members don't see this ad.

What did you use to study for each section?

I think Crack DAT PAT is really good for PAT. I was scoring 15 when I first started the CDP and always running out of time. I would focus on getting good at one type at a time. (first keyholes, then tfe, etc etc etc) because it lets you do little practice tests of just each section.

By the end, I was getting 22's and 23's. I ended up getting a 20 on the real thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Science (Kaplan BB, DAT destroyer, class notes)

PAT (Kaplan)

RC+QR (not much studying...I always score around 20 in both)

I just realized you must've meant the different sections within the PAT...I just used Kaplan for all of PAT...bad idea I guess...haha

You can check out predents.com and look at what they say. It gives an average PAT score for each school. It also allows you to check out the PAT scores of the individuals who got into those schools for the 2009 academic year. I think you should take it again and use CDP. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Your overall scores are looking pretty solid, but as Mr Jeff said check out predents.com and see how you rank.