DAT 8/11 Done!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btr2urhrt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finally got the DAT over with! YAY!

I'm not sure how to feel about my scores.

PAT: 16
QR: 21
RC: 19
Bio: 21
GC: 25
OC: 20
TS: 21
AA: 21

GPA: 3.83

My PAT score is LOW, which is disappointing..but I was scoring around the same on the practice PATs (Achiever), so I wasn't expecting for too high. I thought the science and QR sections were relatively easy (compared to Kaplan/Achiever) RC was a bit challenging. I ran out of time for this section. Be ready to find answers that are not regurgitated word for word.

Now my question is, do I still have a chance with such a low PAT score (16!)?
I applied to: Columbia, UPenn, Buffalo, Tufts, Detroit Mercy, Pittsburgh, NYU, Marquette and Case.
I've been thinking about this all day! Urgh... I hate Perceptual!!!

Good luck to those who are taking their DATs!
All in all, it wasn't too bad...except for the PAT section. :mad: hehe

Members don't see this ad.

btr2urhrt said:

My PAT score is LOW, which is disappointing..but I was scoring around the same on the practice PATs (Achiever), so I wasn't expecting for too high. I thought the science and QR sections were relatively easy (compared to Kaplan/Achiever) RC was a bit challenging. I ran out of time for this section. Be ready to find answers that are not regurgitated word for word.

I applied to: Columbia, UPenn, Buffalo, Tufts, Detroit Mercy, Pittsburgh, NYU, Marquette and Case.

with a 3.83 you're fine..i wouldnt worry.

I think you will get in somewhere as well. Bummer on the PAT though. My question is....if you were getting that score on the PAT going into the exam, why didn't you study some more?!?!

Best of luck though!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the DAT for several reasons: I felt I was ready for the most part in the other sections. I was doing relatively well on the PAT with Kaplan and Barron's (19, 20s); Achiever (only 16-17). I figured I was already late, and didn't want to prolong the DAT anymore, besides I told my boss that I'd be back to work this week.
Oh well.... I'm glad it's done and over with.

btr2urhrt said:

all of your stats are damn good. people will tell you that you would get in somewhere. i say you'll get in anywhere you apply. your 16 would not matter one bit after they look at the rest of your stats.

good luck

Dude your golden, when you look at school stats its average scores. Don't stress you rocked your DAT.

I hate to be a nay sayer among all these cheery thoughts. Great job overall, but I"d just like to say that school averages are a tad misleading, because if you look at the pre dent avg of people who got admitted to various schools, then you'll see that their numbers are higher. I also thought that you had to have a min of 17 on Pat to be considered at most places. I'd look into that if I were you...and save your money on secondaries to places who emphasize DAT scores. Good luck!