DAT 9/17 - Looking for help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grimmymac

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, here are my scores:

PAT - 24
QR - 21
RC - 22
Bio - 17
G-Chem - 23
O-Chem - 19
TS - 19
AA - 20

Science GPA - 3.5

I feel like I did pretty poorly overall. I don't have a direction to go to regarding bio/o-chem. My studies have been focused on dat-destroyer (2013) and DAT Bootcamp. I am considering going to a tutoring place of that is possible.

Side-note: This is my 2nd time taking it. I'm pretty confident I can get a 30 on QR (not sure how important that is) as I have gotten that before. I didn't really allocate that much time into that compared to the sciences.

I would really appreciate your thoughts, advice, and criticisms.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Average DAT score with an okay GPA. You may have a chance. If you plan to re-take it then definitely read the breakdowns that others have put up lately and use the same material the did. I think the AA of 20 is good. Once you hit 20 and above I thought you would have a chance. Your PAT is really good too. I don't know if I can say more though.

@mkhan27 - Yes, I am planning to retake it with a doubled effort specifically toward organic chem and biology.

@biomolecmed - I used DAT bootcamp and Destroyer. I did use a older version of destroyer so I just purchased the 2014 version and am planning to do a thorough studying of it. There are also some online materials I am planning on using as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
@mkhan27 - Yes, I am planning to retake it with a doubled effort specifically toward organic chem and biology.

@biomolecmed - I used DAT bootcamp and Destroyer. I did use a older version of destroyer so I just purchased the 2014 version and am planning to do a thorough studying of it. There are also some online materials I am planning on using as well.

From what I've read, 2012 and up versions of Destroyer should be sufficient. Did you use Chad's videos? Those have been proven to increase your scores in the sciences (esp Gen chem and ochem).

I see. When are you planning on retaking it?